No Electrical Power to Refrigerator - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-12-2018, 06:07 AM   #1

Name: Ron
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
No Electrical Power to Refrigerator

Hi All, In preparing to leave for a camping trip I have discovered I have no electrical power to my refrigerator on my 2009 Casita SD. The panel on the refrigerator does not light at all. I have power to all other 110 and 12v outlets. The circuit breakers and fuses all look good and the refrigerator is plugged in. Any ideas on what I might do or look for in running down the problem.

The propane will not kick on either, but I assume I need the electrical to start the propane system as well. Any advice on these problems are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron Hutchison
Ron H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:41 AM   #2

Name: jon
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' SD
Illinois
Ron,
First thing I would check would be to make sure the frig actually works. Unplug the frig and then plug it into an extension cord which is plugged in to shore/house power that you are sure in hot. You can also plug a radio or something in the frig receptacle to make sure it is hot. This should narrow down the problem.

On our 2013 SD we need at least 12 volt to run the frig controls.

god luck...jon
jon carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:29 AM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2003 Casita 16' SD
Michigan
Registry
One thing I found on my trailer was that Casita had tied off the excess 110vAC wire so tight that due to road vibration it pulled the plug out of the wall socket just enough that it interrupted the circuit. It appeared plugged in but was pulled out just enough that the fridge wouldn't run on AC. Just another thing to check.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
no a/c

go to harbor freight get yourself one of those free vom meters and start checking for 110 to that area!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #5

Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
3 things to have to test both AC and DC.

https://www.harborfreight.com/non-co...ter-62840.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/7-func...ter-90899.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/electr...fci-diagnosis-
Darwin Maring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
fridge no 12volt

On some fridges there is a fuse next to the switch on the back. may be a bad fuse or bad ground. most 12v problems can be bad ground .Please let us know.
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
fuses

I have been thinking this all day for some reason hope that's it!!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:42 PM   #8

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H. View Post
Hi All, In preparing to leave for a camping trip I have discovered I have no electrical power to my refrigerator on my 2009 Casita SD. The panel on the refrigerator does not light at all. I have power to all other 110 and 12v outlets. The circuit breakers and fuses all look good and the refrigerator is plugged in. Any ideas on what I might do or look for in running down the problem.

The propane will not kick on either, but I assume I need the electrical to start the propane system as well. Any advice on these problems are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron Hutchison
Pull the fuse and replace it just in case it is bad even if it looks good. There should be a dedicated fuse for it most likely. Unplug the plug in the back and re-plug it back in just to make sure it is tight and there's no dirt or corrosion in the receptacle. Run a drop cord to the plug in and see if it lights up the fridge. Do you have the correct buttons pushed? If you don't have 110 or 12V to the fridge then there could be a real big problem but it sounds like a fuse. The only power needed to start the propane is 12V. Make sure the wire behind the fuse is not pulled out in the fuse panel. They are about where the shore power cord goes and it is possible to pull a wire out with it. We have a 2007 Casita and we had a similar problem with the hot water tank. It had pulled the plug apart above the hot water tank when pulling the shore power out. Check to be sure no mice chewed on a wire. Good luck.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:58 AM   #9

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Currently shopping
North Carolina
No 110 to frig.

You have a 12v problem. Frig lights are 12v and should come on if no 110 available.
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, refrigerator