No hot only cold water at faucet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2018, 12:24 PM   #1

Name: MaryAnn
Trailer: Vanguard
Saskatchewan
No hot only cold water at faucet

Before I joined this forum I found articles on no water pressure at the kitchen faucet. They were from 2014 and one from January 2018. Being new I responded but was too late. I am starting this topic again as I have the same problem as many however it is not the aerator as my cold water pressure is excellent. One month ago my hot water pressure was good too. Went out this weekend and no kitchen pressure on hot. Have a single lever tap so completely puzzled. Bathroom water pressure for hot is good too. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help
1camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
Hot water has more minerals and scale in it, especially if it sits in the hot water tank for long periods of time. Since you mentioned that you have a single lever faucet and your hot water works in the bathroom. My bet would be that your cartridge is clogged. I have this problem about every 2 years in my bathroom with a fancy grohe faucet. I have to take out the cartridge and clean it out, i have good luck with using and ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. Although, that is probably overkill. The cartridge usually has ceramic discs inside that regular pressure and mix the hot and cold water. You can try cleaning it or get the model number of the faucet and see if the hardware store caries a replacement cartridge.

One way to check if that is the problem is by taking off the hot water hose under the sink and sticking it in a bucket and then turning on your pump. If there is pressure at the hose then surely it is a problem with the faucet and since it is not the aerator, next thing down the line is the cartridge.
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
check the hot water line where it t's into the hot water shower line and make sure there isnt a valve left closed from winterizing.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #4

Name: Warren
Trailer: 1979 17' Boler
British Columbia
Vinegar is a nice cheap de-calcifying agent, too, if calcification turns out to be the problem.
Warren Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote