Originally Posted by charleserwin
Hi, I purchased a Casita
17' SD. The individual that sold
it to me had it hooked up to his home outlet via and all of the 110 volt outlets, fridge
, etc, worked.
Towed it home and now I don't have any power. I am using the 30 amp to 110 adapter and I know I am getting power through my extension cord (not a two wire but a normal round cord). I made sure the outlet and cord are working by plugging in a lamp in my house.
I recycled the breakers to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas about this problem?
The cord I am using is similar to any cord that you buy at Walmart or Home Depot.
I am assuming you mean 30 amp to 15 amp adaptor
1) Bad trailer service cord
2) Bad male cord cap on trailer service cord
3 ) Loose / bad connections of 120 VAC service conductors at converter / main breaker / neutral buss
4) Defective main 30 amp SP breaker in converter
5) Defective 30 amp to 15 amp adaptor.
6) Main 30 amp breaker loose on main buss or burnt buss tab
7) Breakers not reset properly ( move breaker handle to the FULL OFF position then turn on) Just flipping the breaker off and back on may not reset the breaker.
8) Bad extension cord / Bad cord caps ( male or female)
9) Worn or defective house receptacle
Take a volt meter and starting at the source of power check to see if there is 120 VAC at each termination / connection point..
At some point in the circuit you will find you lost power or the neutral connection..