No Vin, no title how to register in AZ - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #21

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
AZ does not do a Vin inspection. I have registered 4 personal RVs there and not once did they ask to see them. I have also done the DMV work for the motorhome dealer I work for and have never had to take an RV for an inspection.

That said, for my own, I have always had a title. 3 of my titles were from out of state and required no notorization. The leocraft had a clear notorized AZ title.

As far as getting a VIN.. I can't offer any info. My point..my experience with AZ DMV says bringing one in from out of state is far less problematic than doing it logically. Go figure. Find a friend in South Dakota etc you trust and title/register it there. Then "Buy" it from them.

as an aside.. the very first thing I look at when contemplating purchasing a rig is the title. No title, I walk away.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #22

Name: AJ
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
I called DMV, they told me the first step is inspection level 1, at the inspection they will tell me what the next step is. I ordered the back lights from ebay, I will rewire the trailer and go to inspection, I will let everyone know as I go.
I bought it for 500$, and I received a bill of sale with the gentleman address and phone number, he already puin t a new floor he is the one that told me about you guys, he bought a 17 . Thank for your help. By the way how many numbers in a Burro vin? I found something on the trailer that looks like this 3??5 VT does that look like a possible vin for the burro?
megatrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #23

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Federal law requires a 17 character VIN that is made up of letters and numbers. The first part is codes for manufacturer,type of vehicle,year built,factory where built,etc. The last 6 digits are the production serial number.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #24

Arizona
AZ Title UPDATE

Since the shell was off the trailer, I went to a DMV 3rd party with the bare trailer, it took 15 min, they made an inspection level 1 and installed a vin on the trailer and gave me a title. it is now titled as a 2012 Trailer.

thanks

AJ
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #25

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatrack View Post
Since the shell was off the trailer, I went to a DMV 3rd party with the bare trailer, it took 15 min, they made an inspection level 1 and installed a vin on the trailer and gave me a title. it is now titled as a 2012 Trailer.

thanks

AJ
Sweet. Now you can get in to all of those age-restricted campgrounds!

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #26

Arizona
good one Bryan, i try to stay far from these.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #27

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Awesome, Way to put it to the man.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
title, vin