NOT insulating walls - just paint - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I'd be concerned about pilling.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #42

Name: Chelene
Trailer: Lil Bigfoot
British Columbia
Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. I'll have to check to see if this is an anti-pill item. If so, that might affect how well the glue stays attached to the two surfaces.

From my recollection of the fabric (seeing it online), it didn't seem to be as thick as the fleece we often find in our usual fleece jackets.

Thanks for suggesting that it might be a problem.
Chelene in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:09 PM   #43

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
[QUOTE=Chelene in BC;783996]From what the supplier told me, this particular Polartech product has a fleece backing so a good adhesive (I have read that there is a reliable 3M product that people use on "rat fur") could be the solution. The texture should provide a base to adhere to the walls.[Quote]

I think you are saying you will have the shell fabric exposed on the interior side, and glue the fleece to the trailer wall; is that correct?

I generally like the concept of a heavy fleece fabric or fleece blanket material which might function like a "super-rat-fur/headliner". But I'm not so clear on the role of the shell portion of the Polartech material. I don't know if it would maintain a good appearance. I'm also not clear how seams could be finished.

Also, I would want to evaluate the flame spread characteristics of anything I used to line the trailer.

I'll be interested to hear more about the project and to see how it evolves.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:16 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I'd concentrate my research on the materials that trailer manufacturers have already determined are best for the application, and have tested on thousands of customers.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:23 PM   #45
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
Has anyone who has pulled off the liner in their trailer found mold? Just curious.
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:38 AM   #46

Name: Justin
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
you can see the finished product on J Lynn (Tua) HCT and if you are wondering I am the one who applied the Vipeq and finished her trailer.
Hey Mikmay,

I’m in Riverside and was wondering if I could talk with you about the Vipeq installation. We just picked up a Perris Pacer and really want to get a hard surface that can be wiped down in our camper. We’re still learning all about the FG camper life but decided to just plunge in and learn as we go.
HappierCampDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:30 AM   #47
Commercial Member

Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappierCampDad View Post
Hey Mikmay,

I’m in Riverside and was wondering if I could talk with you about the Vipeq installation. We just picked up a Perris Pacer and really want to get a hard surface that can be wiped down in our camper. We’re still learning all about the FG camper life but decided to just plunge in and learn as we go.
Sorry I am not in California right now as I am stuck in Ontario Canada which is probably a good thing right now. You could visit the LA headquarters during their operating hours but I’m not sure if they are open to the public due to covid or are allowing the public in to the shop area at this time.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:25 PM   #48

Name: Justin
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Riverside
Thermal paint or felt?

Spray cork seems pretty hard to come by in California. Has anyone looked into using some thermal elastomer paint similar to ones used on commercial roofs? It has some insulation properties, and will provide a second line of defense for crack and leaks?

What if I did 2 layer elastomer paint with a final layer of epoxy?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lanco-5-.../a-_-n/a-_-n/a

The other option my wife seemed to like was using a heavy felt like the one below.

https://www.thefeltcompany.com/f-55-...caAohhEALw_wcB
HappierCampDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #49

Name: Norm
Trailer: 1987 Cadet
Ontario
I have the same Cadet, with insulation removed and painted white. I have no issues re condensation, or sound problems (it's better than a canvas trailer). It can get cool sometimes, but extra blankets and a heater take off the edge. The texture is rough, but it almost looks like stucco. Based on my experience, I don't think the extra work to cover it is worth it or necessary.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200818_121741.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	136858
Sennema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:01 AM   #50

Name: carrie
Trailer: Cadet
New York
So we pulled everything out, cleaned walls, used Killz for any extra bad stuff (no mold, barely any holes, filled up anything that seemed like it might leak) Walled with the hull liner (using 3m adhesive spray (liquids didn't work)
rebuilt the floor, and furniture, minus cooking and its Almost a go! Thinking about lights now : ).
Attached Thumbnails
Cadet.jpg  
mscarried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #51
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
mscarried it looks great!
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:16 AM   #52

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscarried View Post
It looks like a very nice installation. Did you use the hull liner you linked earlier?

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:47 PM   #53

Name: carrie
Trailer: Cadet
New York
I used a Hull liner from Defender. A bit thin, but looks nice, and seems like no condensation. As the cool is coming, I'll see! The walls are indeed thin, so various little bits of reinforcement, including a nice newly framed floor, help!
mscarried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 11:07 AM   #54

Name: Roberta
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
you can see the finished product on J Lynn (Tua) HCT and if you are wondering I am the one who applied the Vipeq and finished her trailer.
Hi, i own a 16 foot Boler, square style. I recently had it made road worthy and hopefully waterproofed. Ready to do the inside. I contacted the cork company vquik? that you recommended. I live in Ontario. They replied and said they would give me a quote and discuss method. I know very little about working on a trailer. My husband passed away and I am trying to get it usable again. Before spraying is all the wiring for lights, outlets done and floor laid? Wondered what happens if you need access. Appreciate help.
Roberta Glover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint