Not seeking a dry county but we are now dry - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2015, 06:54 AM   #1

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
Not seeking a dry county but we are now dry

While we have not been seeking a "Dry" county our Scamp is now dry!

The leaking valve that was on the hot water heater cold water was replaced with a simple union. Not only has that moisture/drip been fixed, but the hot water is no longer scalding at a low setting.

Apparently the valve was never fully opened so likely there was a limited cold water input.

The EZ RV Gutter installed over the refrigerator service panels is also working. We had had two separate rain events since installation, with water flowing down the side of the Scamp. All nicely channeled away from the panel edges where it may have been leaking in.

A note: the EZ gutter does not like bending at sharp curves so a larger radius would work better.

Thanks to Bob & Mary for the loan of a hair dryer to heat the strip to activate the adhesive and firmly attach a small section that was popping off.

The next evaluation will be when towing in the rain. I did run a complete strip along the leading edge of each panel so an surface flow should be channeled away from the service panels.

When this occurs in the future I will post on the efficacy of the EZ gutter as a "complete" solution or not.

Life is good!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:54 AM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatDude View Post
The leaking valve that was on the hot water heater cold water was replaced with a simple union. ...
Do you mean there is no cold water shut off to the water heater now? That will complicate life a little when it comes time to winterize.

That valve was there for a reason.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We have used an EZ Gutter over our UHaul VT door for about 6 years now. It has worked very well and it channels water away from the slight gap above our door, traveling or sitting still. You're right about the curve, too. It like a gradual curve best!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:19 AM   #4

Name: Susan
Trailer: Casita 17' SD; Tow Vehicle 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
North Carolina
Registry
Glad to hear that your repairs are doing well! I enjoy reading the solutions for future reference - either for myself or others! Happy camping!
Susan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16ft Scamp
Minnesota
congrats!

I love a happy fixed it story!
John
crowwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:48 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
I had great success with the ez-gutter placed between the Scamp body and the awning storage case. It filled the gap completely and stopped the rain running between the body and the awning.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Show a picture of the ez gutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
I had great success with the ez-gutter placed between the Scamp body and the awning storage case. It filled the gap completely and stopped the rain running between the body and the awning.
Dave & Paula
Can you show a picture of the ez gutter fill by the awning

Thanks

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote