Okay, I need pics and links PLEASE, two questions in one - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
I have yet to pull out the awning on my 2005 Scamp 16', but I don't see how it has legs??? Can someone please post pics and give me a brief tutorial...

Also, I have been reading about an inverter that allows you to run your laptop, what do they look like and what do they do? How are they helpful?

I will be going where a friend of mine knows more stuff than me, but in case he doesn't know what I am talking about, any info here would be helpful...

He owns a trailer or two and does construction, but I doubt he has seen or used an awning like mine or a laptop while traveling.

I could really use any help you all can give me and pics would be really appreciated, he will help me understand and get what I need, but I have to know what it is first.

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I did warn you I would have many...LOL

Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Monica,
Try this link, it will take you to a Scamp web page that has manuals & video tutorial's

http://www.scamptrailers.com/AskScam...rsManuals.aspx

Bill K

Quote:
I have yet to pull out the awning on my 2005 Scamp 16', but I don't see how it has legs??? Can someone please post pics and give me a brief tutorial...

Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I can't help with the awning, but I can answer about the laptop. If you have regular shore-power while camping, you can just plug your laptop into a wall power outlet for 110 v. If you are operating off the car battery or the trailer battery for your 12 v. power, you can buy a power unit that will turn the 12 v. into 110 v. for small appliances. We have a small unit made by Black and Decker (from Target) that cost about $40 that lets us run the laptop while driving (we don't use 12 v. power while camping - 110 v. only). You simply plug the unit into the cigarette lighter or aux outlet in the car or trailer, plug your laptop power adaptor into the unit, and work merrily away!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Your awning shouldn't have legs per se, since it looks like it was a factory install. The link to the Scamp manuals Bill gave you should help. Some of them aren't easy with just one person from what I hear.

The laptop inverter you may need to match. I have one similar to what Kevin has that would run my old laptop, but it won't run my new laptop. The new laptop must have a heavier draw, so I'm going to have to get a beefier one. Guess the caution is that not any inverter will work necessarily so just make sure you can return and swap.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
The awning legs are in the casing.. anyways mine where... I had to have someone help me all the time roll out the darn thing.. then help get the legs out and get it set up...
the spring to the awning is really tight... its not a one man job....
I ditched mine on the 5er and got me the A&E Freedom 3... just crank it open... unfold the llegs out and its up!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Monica,
Try this link, it will take you to a Scamp web page that has manuals & video tutorial's

http://www.scamptrailers.com/AskScam...rsManuals.aspx

Bill K
Thanks for the link, I may be missing the wand to get the legs out, but it is cheap from the manufacturer. This was very helpful!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
Here's the inverter that i use when on the road; in the vehicle and in the trailer.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...fromSearch=true

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote