Only Scamp I have every seen like this.. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #1

Trailer: X-treme Lite 160
I purchased a 1986 Scamp but I have never seen another with the same decal and stripe like this. Also the front window is 19 X 19. Justin at Scamp said they have never put in a window this size before. I am really concerned about what I purchased. The floor plan lay out is very unique also. It has a L shaped counter top and a very narrow pantry(11.5") to the left as you enter. I will post photo's. Any info will be helpful.

Thanks,
GaryLittle
Attached Thumbnails
kitchen.JPG  
Gary Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I purchased a 1986 Scamp but I have never seen another with the same decal and stripe like this.
I don't see an outside photo; but I assume you are referring to the decal being gold instead of red. That is Scamp's way of identifying the trailer as a Factory Custom Deluxe unit. The wood cabinets are options, the standard trailers have fiberglass cabinets. If you paid more up front at the factory, you could customize the interior almost any way you wanted it, looks like that's what the original owner did.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
We saw a similar one here, pre hack. I really liked the layout! I don't know what you have immediately to the right of the picture, bur she had a really USEFUL closet there.

Is the a closet or a bathroom?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:58 AM   #4

Trailer: Trails West Campster
Quote:
more pictures
Hi this Is PeterC Um Maybe it's a window out of a Casita? and Possibly not the first time it's Been rebuilt? But if Your Going to Camp in it why not just do it your way Have More fun and worry less about if it's (correct).Beats trtying to fill a Partial hole that size just to have the correct window. I've Just started On My own trailer a 1970 Campster and wether or not it looks like it did when the factory Built it Never entered My Head. In Fact I'm trying to figure out how I can Best lower the Fridge out of a Big Trailer into Mine through the Roof. Needed more room for Hot Dogs and Munchies than the ( correct) fridge would Provide.
PeterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Hi, Gary
Your Scamp looks just like mine! I don't know the measurements of my front window, but it looks about the same. I posted pictures in the Scamp Custom Deluxe thread
There is at least one more here similar to ours.
My decals are the traditional red, but there are some gold ones in this thread. Is that what you have?

Congratulations
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Gary, I think that front L-shaped kitchen layout looks very workable. Whether it is factory custom (as the Scamp experts have identified as likely), or an owner mod wouldn't matter to me; I have realized in the last year of getting to know our trailer, and seeing what other have done in this forum, that as long as the basic shell is intact, just about anything can be done inside these trailers and all that matters is whether it works and if the owner likes it.

Peter, the "fridge through the roof" plan sounds truly innovative (and would only work in a pop-top like the Trails West) - let us know how it turns out.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #7

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Lorene, it was yours I was thinking of. I love how the blue and the wood go together so well.

The whole thing looks so cozy!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #8

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
It looks to me like a front bathroom model, with the bathroom left out, and the kitchen counter installed in its place.

Do you still have a bathroom?
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
We saw a similar one here, pre hack. I really liked the layout! I don't know what you have immediately to the right of the picture, bur she had a really USEFUL closet there.

Is the a closet or a bathroom?
It is a large closet. But, I think I will use it as the porta potti area since the floor is 6 inches higher. It will make it more like stting on a normal 16" high toilet.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 04-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Hi, Gary
Your Scamp looks just like mine! I don't know the measurements of my front window, but it looks about the same. I posted pictures in the Scamp Custom Deluxe thread
My decals are the traditional red, but there are some gold ones in this thread. Is that what you have?

Congratulations
Thank you Lorene.
That is also my mothers name. How cool! I love your 13. It is very nice. You are correct, my is just like yours. I just don't have the rear header cabinets. I am really confused why Justin would have told me they had never put in a 19 x 19.5 front window before. Yours looks the same. It is no big deal I just think it is neat to know a little more about what I purchased. Mine is a 1986. I would like to see some outside photo's if possible? Have you had any water problems? How good does your door seal off ? I am releaved now to know that someone else has a Scamp similar to mine. What do you store under the counter in the area to the right of the frig? I installed a ac water heater and a grey tank made fron a 5gal "Greased Lightened" pale.

Thanks,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
waterheater1.JPG  
Old 04-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #11

Quote:
It looks to me like a front bathroom model, with the bathroom left out, and the kitchen counter installed in its place.

Do you still have a bathroom?
No, I only have a porta potti.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 04-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #12

Quote:
I don't see an outside photo; but I assume you are referring to the decal being gold instead of red. That is Scamp's way of identifying the trailer as a Factory Custom Deluxe unit. The wood cabinets are options, the standard trailers have fiberglass cabinets. If you paid more up front at the factory, you could customize the interior almost any way you wanted it, looks like that's what the original owner did.
Picture of decals.
Thanks,
Gary
Old 05-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #13

Name: Casey
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorene W View Post
Hi, Gary

Congratulations
We just bought a 1990 deluxe with L shaped kitchen. I'd love to see the deluxe thread but the link isn't working. Any ideas??
Northerngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerngal View Post
We just bought a 1990 deluxe with L shaped kitchen. I'd love to see the deluxe thread but the link isn't working. Any ideas??
Unfortunately, FiberglassRV was hacked the first part of November 2005. It appears the thread referenced was prior to that date. We lost all the photos and all the threads.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerngal View Post

we had one of those, and it had the large bed, and red lettering. We really liked it but as retirement loomed we knew we would be traveling for months at a time, so a bathroom became a priority. We sold ours to a nice young couple who got to use it once, and blew a rear tire on their Subaru, which lead to violent swerving and rolled the Scamp several times down an embankment......all the kings and all the kings men....🤥. Congratulations on your find.
Dave and Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp