Outdoor Rug - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #1

Name: Karen
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Outdoor Rug

Hi everyone,

New Scamp owner here......wondering what size outdoor mat works for a Scamp 16 to fit under awning. Any suggestions?
Karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:28 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
8X11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenann View Post
Hi everyone,

New Scamp owner here......wondering what size outdoor mat works for a Scamp 16 to fit under awning. Any suggestions?
The "BOX" of a 16' is 13' long. I think mine is 8X11.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017WJXD8M...ter_B019K7PXWI
Attached Thumbnails
DJI_0085.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:11 PM   #3

Name: Karen
Florida
Many thanks!
Karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:04 AM   #4

Name: Adam
New Hampshire
We've been wanting an outdoor rug for our 16' scamp as well. If anyone has any recommendations on good outdoor RV rugs I would love those as well. My wife tried bringing home regular indoor/outdoor rugs from Target, but they were huge and way too heavy for camping use!
AdamNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:17 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNH View Post
My wife tried bringing home regular indoor/outdoor rugs from Target, but they were huge and way too heavy for camping use!

If you think that indoor/outdoor rug is heavy now, wait until it rains.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:33 AM   #6

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I bought Reversible Mats Outdoor Patio RV Camping Mat. I absolutely love this carpet. I purchased it for my deck. Can’t wait to put it on deck tomorrow after my new deck roof is installed. This will be perfect. Even though it’s straw material it is so soft under your feet and it looks like real carpet. I’m going to purchase another one for my paver patio. I highly recommend. Excellent bargain.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:19 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Look for RV patio mats, which are made of very light woven polypropylene. Dirt and rain pass through.

Most common size is 9x12, which will be rather large for a Scamp-sized trailer. 6x9 is also widely available and would be my choice for a smaller trailer (check the length and projection of your awning if you have one). The may be other less common in-between sizes.

Indoor/outdoor carpet is another thing altogether and intended for covered decks and patios.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:14 PM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We have camped at several campgrounds in our area that do not allow or limit the size of outdoor mats / carpets . The mats / carpet will kill the grass , leading to a large mud hole
Just something to be aware of
We do have a small mat that is similar to what Jon described -Light weight - drains well and easy to fold for storage
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:46 AM   #9

mexico
I bought outdoor rugs from Camco to put on the bottom of my tent to go under the air mattress and keep the floor clean. Another aspect that I love is that the material is mildew resistant. It's also very easy to clean; all I need to do is close it and it's as good as new.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:29 PM   #10

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We use a really light woven plastic unit, 12 x 10 easy to clean and fold up for travel.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:50 AM   #11

mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie21 View Post
I bought outdoor rugs from Camco to put on the bottom of my tent to go under the air mattress and keep the floor clean. Another aspect that I love is that the material is mildew resistant. It's also very easy to clean; all I need to do is close it and it's as good as new.
Another aspect I love is how the material is mildew and mold resistant, which allows for the mat to have multi uses. For example, I could easily see myself setting this up outside on my pool deck at my actual home.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:13 AM   #12

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
I agree with the woven plastic.
Many uses, inexpensive, and light weight make it a natural around our boler, n patio.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:03 PM   #13

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
Wal-Mart sells RV patio rugs that are attractive and made of polypropylene so they do not hold or absorb water. I think they are 9x12. I also have a small 5x8 mat for sites that just don't have room for the large mat.

Charles