Owner's manual for a 2014 Trillium 1300? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2021, 09:08 PM   #1

Name: Craig
Trailer: Trillium
OR
Owner's manual for a 2014 Trillium 1300?

Hi all,

I'm new and totally clueless in the RV world, but a relative passed away and one of the things they left behind was this trailer. It looks to be in good shape, but I'm trying to figure out how various things are actually supposed to work (water supply, furnace, batteries/solar panels, etc), and...having mixed success.

Best I can tell this was manufactured by a company called "Trillium RV", that popped up in the 2010s as a throwback to the original Trillium from decades ago, but it looks like Trillium RV is now out of business. Any ideas on where I could find an owner's manual? Or if not, tips on how to fiddle around and figure out how everything works?

Thanks!
Craig D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 10:09 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig D. View Post
Best I can tell this was manufactured by a company called "Trillium RV", that popped up in the 2010s as a throwback to the original Trillium from decades ago, but it looks like Trillium RV is now out of business. Any ideas on where I could find an owner's manual? Or if not, tips on how to fiddle around and figure out how everything works? Thanks!
Is there a Great West graphic on it? Most molded fiberglass RVs are made with a core group of standard equipment and directions for one can be adapted to another. Scamp has many instructional videos. If you have any specific questions include the brand and model number of the device that you need help with. Youtube is your friend. If you live in an area with freezing weather, check out winterizing first. This group also has a document center under the MORE tab in the upper right.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 11:14 PM   #3

OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
Is there a Great West graphic on it? Most molded fiberglass RVs are made with a core group of standard equipment and directions for one can be adapted to another. Scamp has many instructional videos. If you have any specific questions include the brand an model number of the device that you need help with. Youtube is your friend. If you live in an area with freezing weather, check out winterizing first. This group also has a document center under the MORE tab in the upper right.
Thanks for the reply! That Document Center looks super helpful, digging through there now. Hopefully should have most of what I need. (And to answer your question, no Great West logo - best I can tell this is the model.)

One Trillium-specific thing I'm trying to sort out: When I press the "Battery" switch in the middle of the battery monitor, the charge lights on the left just sort of dimly flicker. Everything seems to have power, though - not sure if that's just because the solar panels are attached, and if this indicates any potential issues with the physical battery.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:27 AM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2010. Trilliumrv was/is Tom Young. He has a web site with some useful information. Mine was made in southern California by Mattman Specialty Vehicles as part of a joint venture that lasted through 2011. When that went bust I believe Tom Young moved to Arizona where the 2014's were made. I think they were sold through dealerships at that point. In 2015 the molds were sold to Great West, who renamed the trailer Trillium Sidekick or just Sidekick. They went bust not long after. Currently there is a company in Canada trying to resurrect the brand.

The manual really isn't all that useful. You are far better off finding the appliance manuals which should be on line. You also can search this forum or post a question. Lots of folks happy to help.

I would recommend you check the bolts that anchor the body to the frame. Mine has 6 bolts as I recall. Next check the date code on the tires. If they are original, l would replace them. If you don't know when the bearings or brakes were serviced, that's worth doing. To sterilize the water system add a 1/2 cup bleach and fill. Run the pump to get the pipes. Let it sit over night, drain, and rinse. I lubricate the hinges and the windows yearly. Add antifreeze in the winter if you live where it gets below freezing. It's a pretty simple trailer. Enjoy, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 11:03 AM   #5

OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2010. Trilliumrv was/is Tom Young. He has a web site with some useful information. Mine was made in southern California by Mattman Specialty Vehicles as part of a joint venture that lasted through 2011. When that went bust I believe Tom Young moved to Arizona where the 2014's were made. I think they were sold through dealerships at that point. In 2015 the molds were sold to Great West, who renamed the trailer Trillium Sidekick or just Sidekick. They went bust not long after. Currently there is a company in Canada trying to resurrect the brand.

The manual really isn't all that useful. You are far better off finding the appliance manuals which should be on line. You also can search this forum or post a question. Lots of folks happy to help.

I would recommend you check the bolts that anchor the body to the frame. Mine has 6 bolts as I recall. Next check the date code on the tires. If they are original, l would replace them. If you don't know when the bearings or brakes were serviced, that's worth doing. To sterilize the water system add a 1/2 cup bleach and fill. Run the pump to get the pipes. Let it sit over night, drain, and rinse. I lubricate the hinges and the windows yearly. Add antifreeze in the winter if you live where it gets below freezing. It's a pretty simple trailer. Enjoy, Raz
Awesome, thanks for the tips.
Old 12-18-2021, 07:40 AM   #6
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
One other thing. Like all Trilliums, the main floor is wood sandwiched between two layers of fiberglass. If water gets to it and it rots you have the nightmare of repair projects.

The jalousie windows, made by Hehr, are designed to be installed vertically. While the sides are fine, the front and back windows are angled. Notice at the bottom of each window there are slots. These are weep holes that allow any water that gets in the inner channel to flow out. Unfortunately the angle of installation allows water to flow in. This water can flow to the egress side of the rear window or the fixed side lights on the front and over flow depending on how level the trailer is. To prevent this, I sealed the bottom of the vertical uprights and the channel with clear silicone. While these isolated areas need to be checked for water due to condensation, that tends to be minimal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_20211218_082533.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	144415
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium