pad problems - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #1

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Has anyone ever tried to take new scamp or casita pads and tried to fit them into a burro? I need new bunk pads, and the dinette in the burro is a U-dinette...there are some size challenges... but I don't sew...Their prices are actually cheaper than buying the foam by itself.

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Not even a close fit. You wouldn't be happy.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #3

Trailer: Burro
We were wondering the same thing. Our Burro came with a mattress set cut to fit, and we just pulled it out. We would like to use pads instead so we have use of the storrage and table area. What did you end up using Pamala H? I called up Scamp last week, and they said that it was a close fit but not exact, so we were set to order this week...
Chad Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Hi Pam,

I talked to Scamp parts last year on this subject for myself, they make their covers there, he made my covers to the size I needed which was a little different and charged me what they would charge for the scamp covers anyway. I would call with the size you need and see if they would fabricate for you too. We did fax back and forth until we got the design right.

Harry

Quote:
Has anyone ever tried to take new scamp or casita pads and tried to fit them into a burro? I need new bunk pads, and the dinette in the burro is a U-dinette...there are some size challenges... but I don't sew...Their prices are actually cheaper than buying the foam by itself.

Pam
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Chad

Just an idea for you.

We had a mattress in our Liberty and slept on a king bed.. We decided to use the twin bed mod and had cushions made out of the mattress.

We took the mattress back to the mattress place that made it - he totally cut it up to sizes that we needed. Now we have great cushions for sleeping.

The mattress was 3" of medium foam.. Greg cut the mattress - and surrounded the medium foam pieces with 1" of soft foam and then surrounded that with Dacron. We took our fabric to him and he covered the cushions.

The king bed was very comfy but no where to sit when the bed was made up. Now we have great seating in the daytime and comfortable beds at night. Now one can be in bed - the other has a place to sit.

Here are 2 photos showing before and after.
Attached Thumbnails
821_2175_IMG.JPG   Upton_Casita_Interior_low_res_04.jpg  

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #6

Trailer: Burro
Hi Harry,

Thanks for the info regarding the scamp cushions and their ability to do some customizations. I will try calling them again. Carol, our mattress that was in the back of our burro was actually a mattress as in box spring etc rather then foam. If Scamp doesn't work out I am going to pick up a foam mattress from wallmart, cut it up and learn how to sew. I hope Scamp works out :-)

Thanks,
Chad
Chad Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote