Paint for exterior of a Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #21

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Thanks for the kind words--it was other generous FGRVers who helped us get started and get on with it, too.

Without their help, we'd have probably despaired a lot longer than we did...and so many ideas have been incorporated in the finished work...both those we accepted and those we decided against...experience we'd have had to learn the long hard way otherwise--if we ever learned it at all.

Thanks again.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:36 AM   #22

Name: Mackenzie
Trailer: Trillium
Nova Scotia
Hi there,
I was just reading this tread to get some info on painting my trillium, and you seem to know a lot. I was just looking at the topside paints, but they do not seem to have the color that I have in mind. So I was wondering what your thoughts would be on going with a regular house paint for the color I want and then adding a marine top coat for protection. Thanks
mac_kor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 05:27 PM   #23

Name: Frank
Trailer: Scamp
MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_kor View Post
I was wondering what your thoughts would be on going with a regular house paint for the color I want and then adding a marine top coat for protection. Thanks
Please don't do that. Latex in not ideal for trailers. You want an enamel that dries hard. Putting a hard coat on top of a soft latex coat is just asking for trouble.

Go to a Glidden or Sherwin Williams store and they can mix up something nice for you in an enamel.
Frank R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, paint