Painting Mural, What Paint? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #1

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Painting Mural, What Paint?

Good Morning We are planning on plainting a mural type picture on our Trillium and I want to know what type of paint people would suggest that has lots for different colours in small quantities? I was thinking the little tins of Tremclad/Rustoleum but the colour selection is limited. There must be something out there with multicolours that you can use a paint brush to apply....Can ya help? Thanks!
These guys found something.....
Attached Images

Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #2

Name: Sam
Trailer: 1977 Boler
Kansas
We have a local auto paint shop that will mix up small-ish quantities meant for touch-ups -- the colors are pretty much unlimited, but a whole rainbow might get pricey. Of course, it might be easier to find a good primary red, yellow, blue, black, and white, then you could mix up anything under the sun.

I'm curious about your design!

-- Jess
Sam and Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam and Jess View Post
We have a local auto paint shop that will mix up small-ish quantities meant for touch-ups -- the colors are pretty much unlimited, but a whole rainbow might get pricey. Of course, it might be easier to find a good primary red, yellow, blue, black, and white, then you could mix up anything under the sun.

I'm curious about your design!

-- Jess
Thanks for the suggestion....I'll check around my area.

Our design will be a mix of the four drawings my family made in this thread...http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ect-44926.html
It's gonna be fun!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Emily,
If it were me, I would look into "1Shot" brand paints. You can buy these in very small quantities and just about every color you can imagine. It is sign painters paint. Also, this it the type of paint most "pin strippers" use when they pin stripe a car. Good stuff. You can find it a lot of places. Usually somewhere that sells automotive paint will have it in many colors.

here is a link to their website or just google 1shot paint

Go to
www.1shot.com/home.html

Dale
2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Dale AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale AZ View Post
Emily,
If it were me, I would look into "1Shot" brand paints. You can buy these in very small quantities and just about every color you can imagine. It is sign painters paint. Also, this it the type of paint most "pin stripper" use when they pin stripe a car. Good stuff. You can find it a lot of places. Usually somewhere that sells automotive paint will have it in many colors.

here is a link to there website or just google 1shot paint

Go to
www.1shot.com/home.html

Dale
This stuff sounds like the hot ticket!
I will do some checking around my area....My only concern is that it might be pretty pricey....We will see....Thanks for the info!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Emily,
I just checked a couple cans I have in the garage and the last time I bought it, it was $6 per 1/2 pint can. (Its been awhile since I bought them). I know a 1/2 pint doesn't sound like much, but it seem to go a long way. I think that is the smallest size can you can buy. Larger cans will probably be less $'s per ounce.
Dale
2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Dale AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale AZ View Post
Emily,
I just checked a couple cans I have in the garage and the last time I bought it, it was $6 per 1/2 pint can. (Its been awhile since I bought them). I know a 1/2 pint doesn't sound like much, but it seem to go a long way. I think that is the smallest size can you can buy. Larger cans will probably be less $'s per ounce.
Dale
Thanks Dale....Hope I can find somewhere up in Canada that will even come close to that price.
Hmmm....Might need to take a trip across the line!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #8

Registry
Ah-ha! I just found a place in Delta where I live that sells 1Shot!
Yahoooo!

Tags
paint, painting