Park Liner Support - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #41

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
There are some very nice used campers for sale, maybe that is what will be in your driveway for now Prices can't be beat for a used FGRV
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
5 hours ago on PL facebook

"We've been waiting over a week for answers on our ParkLiner, both emails and phone messages go unanswered....."
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #43

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Well after 4 calls to ParkLiner and a few emails that werent returned or answered (over 3 months)I got to speak with Cameron for a 2nd time about the battery venting issue.

Seems they are working out a design to move the batteries forward to behind the propane tanks. They are uncertain as of yet what they will be doing with out of warranty ParkLiners. They are working on a fabricated exterior battery box of some kind. Sad thing is cameron put his hand over the phone and was talking to chandler and you would think if you keep getting calls asking about the status of it, and you arent at least returning the emails that he would just get on the phone for good relations.

So moving te 2 batteries to my tongue would resolve the issue of concern over batteries venting but wouldnt that be adding a decent amount of weight to the tongue?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
So moving the 2 batteries to my tongue would resolve the issue of concern over batteries venting but wouldn't that be adding a decent amount of weight to the tongue?
Yes, it would. Why not just add a battery box, vented to the outside?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #45

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Well after 4 calls to ParkLiner and a few emails that werent returned or answered (over 3 months)I got to speak with Cameron for a 2nd time about the battery venting issue.

Seems they are working out a design to move the batteries forward to behind the propane tanks. They are uncertain as of yet what they will be doing with out of warranty ParkLiners. They are working on a fabricated exterior battery box of some kind. Sad thing is cameron put his hand over the phone and was talking to chandler and you would think if you keep getting calls asking about the status of it, and you arent at least returning the emails that he would just get on the phone for good relations.

So moving te 2 batteries to my tongue would resolve the issue of concern over batteries venting but wouldnt that be adding a decent amount of weight to the tongue?
Most trailers of similar design have the battery or batteries mounted on the tongue between the shell and the propane tank.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #46

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Speaking of support issues, I emailed Cameron 1st thing this morning with a link to the thread about tire rubbing and never heard back. I even gave the post # where Thom said he had called and not heard back. Sometimes it takes a few days, as I know they're busy, but boy, maybe it's time we look at other fgrv's. Not having much luck moving our old sticky anyways...

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Look on the bright side. If you buy one and they go out of business, you'll have a rare trailer.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #48

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Look on the bright side. If you buy one and they go out of business, you'll have a rare trailer.
No question about that Glenn, it's just I don't want to buy a new trailer and have problems with tire rub (which to me is a significant issue), or battery problems that have to be solved. Battery problems I could probably handle, but tire rub?

After fixing up two old stickies, I'm looking for something that doesn't require one or more projects!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #49
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:

I'm not sure there is room for two propane tanks and two batteries. Perhaps one of each? Thats what we have and it works quite well. Extending outside of the frame could effect turning. Hang in there, Raz
Attached Thumbnails
image-1571654701.jpg  
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #50

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Raz, it will fit. I had to slide my propane tanks forward a 8 inches for my wdh hardware and I could probably fit 3 batteries there... but my tongue weight will go up ... but whats the cost for the heavier gauge copper wire to run out there to do it?

Im going to wait, they said a month they will begin contacting customers about the changes but not sure what they are going to do about out of warranty trailers. Im going to have to debate if its worth the effort...I do have the wdh but I like my tongue weight where its at (I think it was around 280? with a full water tank.) My Rav4 has a max tongue weight of 350lbs. Im giving serious thought to a Tacoma next year for a stiffer rear suspension and haveing a pick up truck bed to haul stuff... guess at that point the TV would easily handle the increase in weight. It would open up more storage, and probably a little more weight in the rear cargo box. Just not sure yet. I told them if I dont hear back I will call in october.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #51
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Glad to here it will all fit if it needs to. As far as tow vehicles I like a pickup for towing. I've got the Frontier. Plenty of room. Nice ride. Very secure. Take care, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #52

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Greetings EggFamily : )

Frank...thank you for taking the time to include the post link you mentioned. I will let the forum know if Parkliner ever contacts me back on the issues! To think that tire-rub is stated as a "petty" issue by Cameron is concerning to me. I would think one call so some safety watch-dog organization could put a fire under thePLbutt but i won't go there (at least at this point.)

Cheers,
Thom
...gearing up for our next adventure in a couple weeks...and another ~300 miles on the highway.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #53

There also is, JK
Magnuson
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner