Parkliner - 3 Questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Parkliner - 3 Questions

This may be applicable to other trailers, but is specifically for my Parkliner.

What is this type of connector called? The dc pair is split using this connector (2) and then one pair goes to light and other goes to 12 v receptacle. I need to buy 2 of them.

I'd like to put a lock on the inside of the screen door. I know it won't keep anyone out, but it may cause them to make enough noise to wake me up. Has anyone installed a lock they recommend?

The latch that keeps the screen door closed needs adjusting. The one that keeps the door open works fine, but the one that keeps it closed doesn't spring all the way closed. Has anyone figured out how to adjust it? (I've already had Chandler adjust it once).

Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #2

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
The picture isn't great (or very large) Huck, but those look like plain 10-12 gauge butt connectors to me. Looks like they're doing something I do regularly; getting two smaller gauges inside one end, crimping it, then putting the single wire in the other end and crimping it. Makes for a handy 3 way connection.

Seems you could just put a slide door lock on the screen door. they make plenty of sizes and types!

Can't help you on the last question.

Best of luck to you!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #3

Name: Huck
Virginia
Thanks Frank. You're right about them being butt connectors. I just didn't know what the name was.

I guess I'll just go to Lowes and see what they have for locks that might fit. If all else fails, I can go with a hook and eye.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #4

Name: Tammie
Alabama
Hi Huck,
The hook and eye would be pretty simple. Just look out, though. I read about a RVer who, after bumping down a dirt road, found his hook had jumped into the eye and had him locked out! Seems I recall he puts a cap on one of them during travel, now.
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #5

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I have a pair of red wing leather hiking boots I wear and I just line them up against the closed screen door... makes it kinda hard to open when they are there...I would wake up to someone pushin the screen door that hard.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner