Perris Pacer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
Rod

Trailer: Perris Pacer
Does anyone know the weight of a perris pacer? I have a four cylinder 2 litre car and would like to know if I could pull it. I have a 1000 lb towing capacity.
Thank's
Rod
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Hey Rod,
Always glad to hear from a fellow Perris Pacer owner! The last time I weighed mine on a commercial scale, it was about 1600 lbs just about ready to go. I don't think the water tank was full, though. I (and others will chime in) recommend using a different tow vehicle. It's theoretically possible to tow it, but at what risks? You'll have to decide that! Hope this helps.
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
Rod

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the information. Do you pull the Perris with your Element? I have a Honda Crv but as you say I should reconsider as my guide book says only 1000lb towing capacity.
Thanks again
Rod
Old 07-22-2006, 10:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 13 ft
Just for Your information........I spotted a Perris Pacer in a persons yard for sale in Florida. Small place called Palmetto, just south of Tampa. It hadn't been used in a while, and it needs TLC, but they were asking $1500.00, OBO, this was in March of this year. The phone number was 941-650-6280. Maybe there is a Perris pacer fan out there who would like to get one and fix it up....hope so....
John W Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
To tow i would recommend a vehical with proper tow capacity and some extra just for safety.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:56 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Hey Rod,
Yes I tow it with my Element. It tows great. Even up mountain passes! I just got back from the Oregon Gathering by way of Crater Lake and McMinnvile, OR (had to see the Spruce Goose). No problems of any kind.
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:40 AM   #7

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I Too, tow with an Element (13ft Burro).

1000 lbs on the CRV? Interesting. Element = CRV with a box on it. Mine is a 2.4l 160 hp auto.

Is yours a manual tranny? That might explain the lower tow rating? Older CRV?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:58 AM   #8
Rod

Quote:
I Too, tow with an Element (13ft Burro).

1000 lbs on the CRV? Interesting. Element = CRV with a box on it. Mine is a 2.4l 160 hp auto.

Is yours a manual tranny? That might explain the lower tow rating? Older CRV?
Thanks for the info. My Crv is a 2000 model and only 2 litre automatic that is probably the 1000 lb limit.
Thanks again
Rod
Old 07-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #9

Trailer: Perris Pacer 1979
Hi Rod;

Congratulations to another Perris Pacer owner. I too, am glad you have an older fiberglass trailer. Wonderful choice!!! This is the second year I've attended the Oregon Gathering, and in getting to see all the different types of fiberglass trailers; I'm still partial to the Perris Pacer because of the big windows. I especially like the nice long one opposite the door.

How long have you had yours, and what year is it? Mine is a 1979, and weighs 1500+ lbs. I just weighed it on my way home from the Oregon Gathering and it was 1565 lbs.
I cleaned the water tank good with clorox water, rinsed it thoroughly, drained it, and have never traveled with water in it. I don't want to haul the weight. I prefer water & electrical hookups. I have a '93 Jeep Grand Cherokee, V-6. It pulls my little Pacer just fine, I have to continually remember I'm towing it.

I did ask Eric at the Oregon Gathering, (just out of curiosity) only because I like the little coopers, if a cooper would pull a 13' Perris Pacer? I remember him just smiling at me.
A little cooper pulling a Perris Pacer would be rather cute...I think, but, his smile said it all.

Again, contratulations, and hope to see you at the '07 Oregon Gathering. You will never meet a nicer group of people than fiberglass trailer owners.
I'll let others guide you on the towing. Chari
Chari Benckendorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perris pacer