Pesky problem solved! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2018, 09:23 PM   #1

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Wink Pesky problem solved!

We have chased our rolls of Paper Towels around our 17' Casita Independence Dlx kitchen for 6 months now and we finally figured out a spot to put a holder!!
We made it from 2 Command strips and a short loop of white nylon line..tied securely with a stout "Scout knot"(lol), passed thru the towel roll tube and hooked it to the 2 command strips. we installed it ON the front of the flip-UP door wh is above our microwave cabinet. It is a smallish cabinet we do not use frequently and the towel roll flips UP with the door, so that it allows the cabinet door to open well enuf to get to stuff stored inside. No glue, no drilling and no tape! ;-) Still easy peasy to get to the MW in its cabinet below..ahhhh If I can remember how to post a pic I will do so. Any help?? Igave up getting a pix posted, but you can go here and see the pix, for free: http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/top...er-towel-roll/
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
If you compress a roll of paper towels or toilet paper so that the core becomes an oval, it will not unravel when you are under way.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:15 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
DW discovered a brand of paper towel that sticks to itself to the point that it doesn't unravel when the roll spinning. Previous brand completely unraveled.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:13 AM   #4

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
We used a bungy cord strung through the paper towel roll and hung from a shelf in our 4500 Trillium.

Thank you for letting me know how to stop it unrolling.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #5

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Casita 17 ft. Liberty Deluxe
North Carolina
Paper towel holder

We fastened a paper towel holder to sink side of range hood with VHB double sided tape. Works well.
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #6

Mine is over the sink, under the cupboard. I temporarily fastened it with double-sided tape, planning to use screws when I'd decided that the spot worked for me. It's still attached with double-sided tape and no screws.
Attached Thumbnails
paper towel holder.jpg  
Old 09-07-2018, 11:47 AM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Ours is a small piece of plywood with 1" dowel and a round piece of plywood on the end. Rubber bands keep it from unravelling. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180824_173448.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	124362
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #8

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16 Standard Layout 6
Illinois
Someone, on this forum I believe, said to use a paper clip on the end to fasten a few layers together. I liked that idea and will give it a try if Scamp ever calls me to come get my trailer. Should get notified any time now. (Sorry, I'm getting antsy and had to sneak that in).
DLDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #9

It's a lot easier to just squeeze the roll so that the core is oval shape. If you want to make it more complex than that, go ahead, but you might try squeezing the Charmin first.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #10

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
We have tried several ways, some mentioned here and some of those work fine.

We have tried just pulling it off and sticking it in an upper cabinet. voila.

And we have tried turning it backwards so it rolls the other way. That worked fine, too.

If you crush the tube a little, it may not go back on some holders unless you squeeze it back round again.

Lots of ways to skin a--wait. Stop a roller--

BEST
Kai
"K"
Old 09-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #11

Name: Hersh
Trailer: Wonderfully interested
Oregon
PAPER TOWELS??? You gotta be kidding me. Have you ever stopped and thought just how much weight and room they take up compared to using your sleeve? Yeah... the simple shirt sleeve!

If you drool, just wipe your face off on your sleeve. Baby burps up food... just wipe off on sleeve. Spill coffee pouring it in the morning, yep... bend over and use your sleeve.

Hey!!! Ya got two of them. Depending on what's being spilled decides which sleeve. For an example in the kitchen... milk, yogurt, any dairy products... right sleeve! Out in the garage greasy or flammables get the left. The thinking is... should it burn a little I don't care so much about my left arm as I am right handed.

Now for every rule there will be exceptions! One that I have is when I spill beer. If I should, I lap it up as it won't all squeeze out of a shirt, especially if its cotton. Now polyesters do allow for more "squeeze factor" and thereby allowing more beer to ooze out, but its seems plain stupid to absorb it and rather than lap.

Sure lapping up a spilled beer "may" take longer, BUT it also is a good opportunity to teach one why its important NOT to spill beer in the first place. Of course you can use either sleeve YOU want, but the quick and fast rule I suggest is... left sleeve for irritants/flammables if you are right handed.

Should you have anymore difficult problems please feel free to ask me what's best, cuz people say I'm sorta the Dear Abby of problem-solving.

And hey... have a groovy day and watch your step around pets.

Hersh
Hersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
this. when we're camping, its either on our outside table, or on the counter just inside the door where it can be reached from inside or outside.
Attached Thumbnails
71QdaqJ3cTL._SL1500_[1].jpg  
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #13

Name: Alex
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Florida
MAGNETS

I have the same metal towel holder as Glen Baglo showed in his post. I 'attach' it under my cabinet by placing magnets in the cabinet floor. It holds just fine until I need to refill. And, I can move it wherever by moving the magnets. I also use 'VIVA' brand paper towels. They hold each other like velcro, never unrolls on its own
Alex Segal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #14

Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Yep, we also use same brand holder as Glenn (2nd n silent), and the VIVA brand sticky paper towels. Our holder is attached above the sink with command strips.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote