Pilot light won't light (Casita) SW6P - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2003, 04:47 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Pilot light won't light (Casita) SW6P

My wife and I have been checking out all the features of our "new" 96 Casita SD. So far, everything is working fine except the water heater, the Suburban model SW6P. The problem is the pilot light won't light, due to no gas being delivered to the lighting area. No air is being pushed out of the lines. It makes no sound, just quiet, no matter how long I hold down the button. When I put a flame to the pilot area, there is no flickering at all. Nothing seems to be coming out. I have checked the orafice and it is clear and of course the tank is turned on. Any hints you folks can give me? We want to go camping for the first time in 2 days.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:11 PM   #2

Julie had the same trouble with her frig. maybe some help there.
lighting

Old 08-06-2003, 06:25 PM   #3

I must be major league stupid!

I can't believe how stupid I am. I have just spent the past two hours trying to light the pilot---where the pilot was not located. Okay, go ahead and laugh! Anyway, I finally found where to light the thing and everything appears to work fine now. In my defense, this mistake could have been avoided if the manual simply had a picture of where to light the pilot. The manual has 16 pages of instructions but nooooooo pilot lighting instructions. :jester

Old 08-06-2003, 08:03 PM   #4

Tony - glad you found it.

I was just getting ready to tell you how finicky mine is and how the knob has to be turned just right and even when it appears the button is all the way in, it really isn't and then I diddle with it and it lights right away.

You're way is much easier. :)

Old 08-06-2003, 08:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Orginally posted by TonyL

I can't believe how stupid I am. I have just spent the past two hours trying to light the pilot---where the pilot was not located. Okay, go ahead and laugh! Anyway, I finally found where to light the thing and everything appears to work fine now. In my defense, this mistake could have been avoided if the manual simply had a picture of where to light the pilot. The manual has 16 pages of instructions but nooooooo pilot lighting instructions. :jester
Well -----you did say laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Glad you got it going. Go forth and have fun camping.We all do funny things once in a while.Who cares.Laugh and have fun.:wave

Old 08-06-2003, 09:12 PM   #6

I don't think that was bad at all. much better then not turning on the propane and it not lighting - or not turning - oh never mind. glad you got it fixed :conf uhh found. :)

Tags
casita, light, lighting, tail lights