Pix of Restoration 13' '77 Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2002, 02:54 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Pix of Restoration 13' '77 Scamp

I finally got some pix up of my Torture Test. Look 'em over and tell me about what ya notice! Thanks!

http://Sprite.viptx.net/~moomesa/index.html

Click on the Scamp, left side low down.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 10:50 AM   #2

wheel area

I couldn't get all the first page pictures to load, but on the during page it showed the wheel area all chipped. do you have any idea how that happed? looks pretty weird.

Old 12-31-2002, 01:17 PM   #3

I'm sure it was a flat or blowout...

The trailing edge of the wheel well has some chipping too. :weep

Yesterday I put an entire new layer of 1/4 inch plywood in, on top of the old floor, to strengthen it. It wasn't rotted or anything, the previous owner had dragged the thing over a rock or stump and bent a support and pushed up a hole in the floor. It didn't go through, so I fixed it. Shortly (today, NY Eve) I'll go to the Hardware store and see what they have in the way of flooring. My Mom finished all the upholstery in Blue Denim. She did a nice job, too. Pix later. I found some old linens and pillow covers in Leopard pattern. The stuff had never been used, so is new. I'm thinking of making curtains from it.:mex

I have been informed that the original Fridge was a #211B, and that the newer #2193's don't fit.:wak

Old 01-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #4

I updated the pictures, made them load faster.

I updated the page with faster loading pix.:banana

I have since found the Norcold Fridge 323 and the Dometic 2193 will indeed fit, but will stick out nearly 3 inches. What to to-what to do...:o

I found a Norcold refurbished unit for $300 + shipping.

Old 01-04-2003, 02:56 PM   #5

Well Done!

Hi Don,

I checked out your photos of the work you've been doing on your Scamp. WOW! Some serious elbow grease has been used.

Thanks for posting your pictures. I'm just starting to renovate my '74 13' boler and it seems rather daunting a task. Your photos were quite inspirational.

~ Mel

Old 01-04-2003, 10:10 PM   #6

Update...

Took a drive and bought some stuff. Gelcoat and thickener powder. 3-way faucet. Skirt and door trim. 12" 12 volt flouresent light. Chrome drawer pull knobs. Quake latches. Window knobs. Jack donkey. :m

Actually, his new name is Jack Daniels. He was in a trailer, with a FOR SALE sign, on the side of the road on my way home from The Big City. Not tame, but not scarey either. So... my wife has an all new ass, her second. :wub

Today I fixed the door trim, rerouted the gas line. I could not fix the roof vent trim, it's shot. I tried to used some leftover door trim. :spin

Tommorrow I reaffix the LP tank brackets further forward to move the tank forward, to accomodate for a deep cycle marine battery, in the front frame. Then I will attempt to mess with the fiberglass repairs; right fender and rear skirt, pinholes. Then I work cattle. :drillsrgt

Next weekend brings the new flooring. One large single sheet of vinyl flooring. The curtains will be done by then. Perhaps I can caulk the inside seams with the paintable, almond colored, caulk I found (I snipped a piece of insulation and took it with me) at that time.

That darn fridge...

Let us know about your boler
:wink

Old 01-04-2003, 10:16 PM   #7

Progress

I love hearing about progress.....next thing you know you'll be sleeping in it! ;)

Old 01-06-2003, 01:13 AM   #8

Norcold on Ebay

Hi Don,
do a search on EBay for "Norcold" there are several offered and current bids are under that $300. Be careful of the one, it states that it doesn't work.
Good luck on the fridge quest.

Karen

Tags
scamp