Please explain Electrical? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #1

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1978 13' Scamp
California
Smile Please explain Electrical?

Hello all! Newbie here again. Learning about my scamp. Loving every moment. Feel like a dummy.

Can someone explain the electrical options and how they work? I see that there was a terminal for a battery. The previous owner installed a window AC and a simple refrigerator that he used with a generator. There is a water holding tank-- does it require electricity to pump! ACK!

and....what r these?!

morbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #2

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Utah
Registry
All Scamps came with a 12v battery(pretty sure). I'm not sure what the 2nd picture is-looks like a pop-out breaker with a switch and a heat sink on top. The Scamp site has a electrical schematic which should help you. Where are you in CA? If you're close to Big Bear, I'll be there this weekend and could take a look.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
The way some of these eggs are now wired (thanx to the "high-level" of skills involved in the "journeyman electrician" repairs done by previous owners over the years) there is no rational explanation for the electrical!

On edit - I think the device in your first pic is a cigarette lighter socket - also usually referred to as a 12 volt outlet
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #4

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
If you haven't read the scamp website, it is pretty informative if you dig into it a little bit about the various systems in a scamp.

I'll second that the top picture is a 12V outlet similar to what is in most cars. The bottom picture I only have guesses and would need more pictures and information to determine what it is. However, someone else on the forum may recognize it.

The water holding tank usually gets water out one of two ways. First, there can be a hand pump usually near the sink. Second there is a pump that pushes the water and typically there is a switch to turn the pump on/off. You can follow the water lines and usually find the pump.

I'm generally decent with amateur electrical stuff and willing to answer questions if you have the time.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Cindy the first photo as Dave indicated is your 12Volt plug in - you can plug anything you have that runs on 12V into it - or buy a 12Volt charger for your cellphone etc.

The second photo has me a little puzzled would need to see a bit more of the other side of the box and its location. Is it under your sink area? Could be your power breaker box or your converter although it looks a little odd to be either...
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical