plumbing from the black tank - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2020, 04:25 PM   #1

Name: Deb
Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot B19
British Columbia
plumbing from the black tank

Thumbing through the forum today on a totally unrelated topic, I ran across a reply from a few years back, to a new member looking for winterizing info and saw some pics of the proper waste valve set-up in a Bigfoot trailer (Thanks Franswa!). My PO snapped it off at some point in the distant past, and jerry rigged the grey tank onto another with about 4 little 45 degree elbows (already complained about that in the fall) - I want to remove that and put a straight feed in - another story.

But the way the black valve was set up (really badly - I did already replace the broken assembly with one he passed along to me) the whole thing sits really low to the ground and the black gate valve is right there beside the bayonet mount - one bump and the whole thing will snap off and sewage will be pouring all over the road. Don't like it, wouldn't travel with it, but had to get it on there to winterize the trailer.

I want to replace this with the correct set-up (gate valve right at the floor of the trailer where the black tank exits) but the existing plumbing is connected with a rubber coupler. I can feel (glove on!) the broken piping (assume abs?) inside the coupler.

Now before I rip it all off in the spring does anyone know what is coming out of the bottom of the black tank (re plumbing!) so I have some idea of what to expect, what I may have to purchase regarding new abs, or if things are snapped off in the wrong spot, whether I may have to get a whole new black tank in there. Always nice to get the cursing out of the way ahead of time, whenever possible.

Cheers, Happy Holidays
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote