Plumbing in a Boler with Shurflo Pump VIDEO - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler and 17 ft Boler
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76boler/26690...b=1216067680452

The above is a link to the water pump and plumbing in the Boler.
kevin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

I found it very interesting that you installed convenient exterior hose bibbs that tap from the pump output.

I have a hose bibb installed for the drain of my water tank, and just let gravity s-l-o-w-l-y flow to get outside water.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #3

Quote:
I found it very interesting that you installed convenient exterior hose bibbs that tap from the pump output.

I have a hose bibb installed for the drain of my water tank, and just let gravity s-l-o-w-l-y flow to get outside water.

I just had the trailer out for a 6 day trip and the outside taps were very handy. I used the rear tap to feed my coleman hot water heater with a 25 foot hose. The heater sat on an outside table to provide hot water for cooking/cleaning and then I would move the heater/hose combination to my shower setup about 15 feet behind the trailer.

The tap by the door got the most use as I used it for washing my hands, dishes etc.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #4

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the video. My trailer has a pump installed but its plumbed into the old hand pump - the handle has been removed and it now comes on with a switch installed on the front of the counter. Your installation makes me wonder if I could somehow plumb it into the same tap as you are using so that I could again have a manual pump (in case I had no electrics). My question to you is are you still able to use your sink tap for city water at the same time?

I'll try and get some pictures posted of my installation which has the pump down by the water tank - it's a bit harder to access, granted but I don't lose all the storage under the seat.

Thanks,

Phil
Old 07-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the video. My trailer has a pump installed but its plumbed into the old hand pump - the handle has been removed and it now comes on with a switch installed on the front of the counter. Your installation makes me wonder if I could somehow plumb it into the same tap as you are using so that I could again have a manual pump (in case I had no electrics). My question to you is are you still able to use your sink tap for city water at the same time?

I'll try and get some pictures posted of my installation which has the pump down by the water tank - it's a bit harder to access, granted but I don't lose all the storage under the seat.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil,

I still have a 3/8 line connected to my hand pump with a backflow valve installed. Once the pump is primed I have backup water should my electrics fail.
This line is plumbed directly into my water tank.

I imagine you could put a T-connection in your line with an ON/OFF valve.

I can hook city water to an inlet, using a reducer, so I don't blow my lines.
With the city water hooked up the Shurflo pump usually won't kick in as there is always a constant pressure supplied by the city water hookup.

Tags
boler