Poll on Heating Systems - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: What type of heat do you prefer?
LP Gas 19 38.00%
Electric 6 12.00%
None 2 4.00%
Both 23 46.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #21

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Who? Little ol' sweet and innocent me?

Yeah, I added the fourth option.
Me too, Jim.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Might as well delete the poll part of this thread since potential answers have been added half way through. Thoroughly skewed results, if it matters at all.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #23

Name: Gnuu
Trailer: Sprinter
Virginia
Rixen version of Espar Diesel Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
We're renovating the few things that are required in Gladys (88 Bigfoot fifth wheel) and I've been thinking about a comment that Laura made about replacing our LP heater with an electric model.
---

I have been looking at Class B conversion vans as an alternative tow vehicle. Several of them have the Rixen version of the Espar Diesel Fuel Heater that both heats the van with about 1/10 to 1/4 gallon per hour of diesel and also very quickly heats hot water and can provide circulating heated antifreeze fluid to keep the water pipes from freezing. The catch is that you have to have a diesel powered vehicle. Has anyone ever installed one of these heaters on a travel trailer? They were originally designed for cab heaters for tractor trailers (that also run on diesel fuel). Does it work for travel trailers.
see:
http://rixens.com
They say
"The basic functionality of the system is explained here. The system coolant (water/antifreeze) is heated by the Espar heater. The hot system coolant circulates through the system, heating the Domestic water supply on demand, and then through the air handler to complete the circuit. Additionally the system coolant can be heated with shore power using the AC element."

Walk in Peace,
Scribe with a Stylus
ScribeWithAStylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:38 PM   #24

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
I have installed an electric wall heater and a propex L.P. heater. That said, I mostly use the electric heater. It is quiet, convenient and the on board thermostat works very well. We use it throughout the winter.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote