Portable Holding Tank - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot
We have a large (about 25 gal) portable holding tank, "Blue Buddy," for our 25' Bigfoot. It fits under the dinette when we travel but I really don't like to carry it inside. I have tried keeping it in the back of our tow vehicle (Nissan Armada) but it takes up a lot of room and we already have a 100# Labrador in there, plus folding chairs, screen room, etc. Our BF doesn't have a rear ladder to which I could tie it. Anyone have any unique or magic ideas for toting these behemoths around? I have thought about strapping it under the trailer but not sure how well it work work. It is too heavy for me to get on the roof of the Armada, plus that would probably knock several miles off of my already abysmal 10 mpg when towing.

Ron & Sandy Gove
Leesburg, VA
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
I keep mine in the bed of my pick up, but just a thought could you mount it on the tongue someplace.
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
You could build a "cubbie" for it for the back of the truck. That way the dog could have a space on the roof of the cubbie.

I had a large tote as well, but ended up scaling down because of storage and weight when it was full.

I have scaled down to a 2 gallon kitty litter container. I make more trips, but it is easier to handle and not all that big a deal. I empty when I feel the need or have the time.

It would take a year to fill 25 gallons!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote