Potable fresh water tank spigot fell off - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp
I have a 1988 16' Scamp. The carpet under my table was soaking wet one day. I thought the back window had been left open, however, I discovered that the spigot/faucet thing to drain the potable fresh water tank had fallen off. It's located under the left dinette seat.

I'm no plumber. How do I repair it? It doesn't appear to be threaded. I searched for similar issues, but couldn't find anything on this topic.
Brenda
brendaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Never tried to replace one, but I think they are threaded and likely the drain cock broke right at the edge of the tank -- You will have to put something inside the old part and turn it, something that will bite deeply enough to get a grip but not deep enough to ruin the threads on the tank.

I have found that if something won't unscrew easily it often helps to tighten it and then reverse, but that might work better in metal than nylon/plastic.

You can get a replacement drain cock at an RV place or even at a well-stocked hardware store or maybe even from Scamp (It occurs to me that Scamp likely breaks a few during new trailer assembly, so a call to the parts desk [not sales desk] might reveal what tool they use).

Multi-thread drain cock

I would use a small bit of plumber's Teflon tape on the threads of the new part.

If all else fails, a new tank from Scamp can be installed.

Water Tank 38.00
Water Tank with fittings 42.00
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote