Powermax Converter in a Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2021, 05:54 PM   #1

Name: William
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 16
Washington
Powermax Converter in a Scamp

I need some help. The Magnatek converter on my 1992 16 ft Scamp gave up and I have purchased a PowerMax converter. The old converter had a integral fuse block where the DC out wires attached. There were separate connectors for the battery cables. The Powermax converter has two connections (DC+ and DC-) I assume (danger) this is where the the positive and negative battery cables attach with the third wire going to the grounding lug on the converter. My questions are where do the DC wires for lights, etc attach? Do they go to the positive output or the negative output or does it matter? Do I need to purchase a separate fuse block and how would I attach it to the PowerMax? The ones I have looked at on Amazon have Positive and Negative terminals. Would these attach to the Positive/Negative terminals on the PowerMax? As you can see I am in over my head but I am hoping someone on this forum can straighten me out. Thanks in advance.
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #2

Name: sven
Trailer: Casita
FL
When in doubt I always call the manufacture. They are vested in you having a great experience with their product. I have purchased PowerMax products for my boats and are local for me , good people .
PowerMax Converters
5107 Lena Rd Unit 108, Bradenton, FL 34211 · ~6.4 mi
(941) 201-8041
https://powermaxconverters.com/
mosquito13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 11:07 AM   #3

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
https://powermaxconverters.com/produ...-series-draft/

But my installer was able to utilize the existing distribution panel which was part of the converter/charger already in my Scamp 19.
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp