Prestige Trailer Cover??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 09:56 AM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: 16' Scamp
California
Prestige Trailer Cover???

I want to get a trailer cover for my 16' Scamp, it is a 2003. I don't like the price of a new CalMark cover so I am somewhat considering the Prestige 4 Layer cover. This cover has a downside, no zipper around the entry door. A few questions follow: Have any of you had experience with this less expensive ($175.00) cover? Is it time consuming and a hassle to remove the cover completely? I live in So. Calif, will the wind rip the Prestige cover into pieces?

The reason a zipper seems important to me is that I need to get in and out of the trailer periodically for maintenance issues. So I just wonder how hard it is to remove and reattach one of these covers. Also, I'll want to lock the cover down because I store my rig in my front driveway.

Elsewhere on this forum I've inquired about any used CalMark cover that someone would like to sell. So, if you didn't see that post and have one in very good condition that you'd sell, contact me.

Thanks for reading.

Steve
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #2

Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro & 2006 21ft. BigFoot
California
Registry
We have found that a cover that has a lot of ties works the best in high winds. We also found that the cover can mar up the fiberglass by rubing up against it from the wind. We had a CalMark, and ordered it with extra ties, but I think you could easily tie it down with extra rope.
good luck, Cathy
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:10 PM   #3

Name: William
Trailer: 17' Casita Spirit
Texas
The prestige fits good. You can loosen a strap to give yourself room to get in. Problem is the material gets worn down easily from wind, sun, and rain and shreds in around 6 months.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: 16' Scamp
California
Is the CalMark Cover easy..

Is the CalMark cover easy for one person to take off and to put back on? How long does it take to get it on or get it off?

The comments on the Prestige cover are greatly appreciated!

Steve
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #5

Name: William
Trailer: 17' Casita Spirit
Texas
The calmark is well made for the long run, but heavy. I struggle a little to put it on. I use a step ladder and toss part of the cover on and grab what I can to drag across. A few years ago I had a silvertech and it last for almost 2 years before the material gave up. I tried a xtra large van cover that last about a year. Most covers have a nylon rope or 2 that go across the belly to secure cover but the covers are a little large allowing wind to wear on cover. The calmark uses 2 wide straps that go over the roof and around the belly for a more secure cover. Calmark will taylor fit the cover for you ac, roof vent, awning. It's hard to fork out the money, but worth it if you keep the rv for a long time
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:56 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1984
I tied a cord around the trailer just below the belly band. This stopped a lot of the rubbing that causes the black marks. Tying the bottom tight helps too.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote