Pricing and two trailer family - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #1

Name: Amy
Trailer: BigFoot
Alberta
Pricing and two trailer family

We are considering selling or becoming a two trailer family.

We have been full time in a Bigfoot B17 for 4 months now and are looking at an Airstream for the winter.

I love our little trailer and we have been able to see so much just because of its size. We can get in to almost any spot and go anywhere. It has been great.

Here is where the questions comes in.

Has anyone been a two trailer full time family full timing (storage for the one not in use)?

What when in to moving in to the new trailer and moving out of the old one? It seems like if we just when to the Airstream we would be a two trailer family at least for a bit.

Is there pricing considerations for a trailer that has been full time that are different from weekender trailers?

I am sure I will have a ton more questions

Amy
www.directuganda.com
Mountain Moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #2

Name: Brent
Trailer: Casita
California
Two trailer family

Interesting we have a 17 foot Casita and a 25 foot Eddie Bauer Airstream, love both of them!!!
Brentsdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We are a 3 trailer family, but do not full time in any of them. We do snowbird for 3 months in the winter in our Casita. If you are full timing and no home base then it would involve storage costs for one of the trailers. We have been in a couple Airstreams, but don't really want one.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
AKS

Name: Amanda
Trailer: 1977 Boler '13
Tennessee
I am so fascinated! How many are in your family?
AKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:21 PM   #5

Name: Amy
Trailer: BigFoot
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS View Post
I am so fascinated! How many are in your family?

Three full time
www.directuganda.com
Mountain Moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:41 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Deleted my response as the question apparently was not to us. But I will comment on a friends experience with going full time a year ago. A few months in there was a major problem with his travel trailer. He traded it in on a new Keystone 35 foot trailer. A few more months go by and the new trailer develops problems. After being jerked around trying to get it fixed and still keep his travel schedule, the warranty is up and attempted repairs were unsatisfactory. He spends the summer months in his home area in upstate NY. After repeated phone calls to the company they agreed to transport the trailer back to the factory for repairs. But wait, they are full timing, it's their only home, so now they are in a rental trailer in the campground where they stay for the summer. And that campground closes October 1, so will they get their trailer back from the factory in time to head back south for the winter. Now if they had a second trailer they would be all set, but where would they keep that second trailer. We have decided that heading south for the winter is good, but no way are we giving up our house.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:31 PM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
full timing

I found out the other day that some trailer makers will void the waranty if you full time in it good to know when buying new . Happy trails
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote