Pricing in this crazy market - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2021, 06:49 AM   #1

Name: James
Trailer: Casita
TX
Pricing in this crazy market

I have 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16'. The casita is in great stock shape.

My wife and I are wanting to build a house so we have decided to sell the casita. I love it, but would like a house more. I was unaware of the market craziness and the prices people are asking. I'm not trying to get rich, but I don't want to kick myself later for selling it too cheap or giving it away.

Can anyone tell me what I really can expect to get for it? I've seen some listed for $10k and then I saw one on here listed in Dallas (2001 model) for $19k and was marked as sold.

Thanks in advance for any help.
imao38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
$10K to $13K. Given the pandemic, you might go to the top of this range, maybe slightly more.

I don't see any 16 footers of that age going for $19K.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:10 AM   #3

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Browse https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...-trailers-sold and you'll find that there's no rhyme or reason to current asking prices. In 2019, your trailer might have sold for $9-$10k. Today you should easily see 50% higher. You can always list high and see if anyone bites. If not, wait a few weeks and take the best offer. I would advise avoiding buyers who low-ball you but promise "cash in hand at your door tomorrow." While they may deliver, most likely they will just flip your trailer at a profit with nothing but a little patience.

I wouldn't feel guilty about turning a profit on a trailer right now. It's a luxury item, not a necessity.

If you haven't contacted a builder, you're in for another surprise. Any profit you feel you're making on the trailer will evaporate with the higher material costs we're seeing.
Justus C is offline   Reply With Quote