Probably a dumb question.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2023, 07:16 PM   #1

Name: Judy
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Probably a dumb question....

Trying to figure out the TV/entertainment package in our new 17' Casita Spirit. Any quick hints about the very basics....like where and how does it plug in? Do we use the standard electrical plug? We turned on the battery (orange thingy by the base of the dinette) and got a blue light, but the TV doesn't seem to work. What are we forgetting, not doing, doing wrong? Does it need to be connected to shore power?

On a side note, would be nice to have a manual for the tv. Just sayin...
Judy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 07:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy in Oregon View Post
Trying to figure out the TV/entertainment package in our new 17' Casita Spirit. Any quick hints about the very basics....like where and how does it plug in? Do we use the standard electrical plug? We turned on the battery (orange thingy by the base of the dinette) and got a blue light, but the TV doesn't seem to work. What are we forgetting, not doing, doing wrong? Does it need to be connected to shore power?

On a side note, would be nice to have a manual for the tv. Just sayin...
you should be able to find the manual on the internet
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 07:36 PM   #3

Oregon
Found it, but the page that shows the diagram of the front and side panel is obscured. Looks like it should turn on with the remote but it doesn’t. Where is the power button on the tv?
Old 08-11-2023, 07:37 PM   #4

Oregon
Is it 12 volt?
Old 08-11-2023, 07:49 PM   #5

Oregon
How do we get power to the television?

Have trailer plugged into house and have battery switched on. Remote flashes an indicator light but tv doesn’t respond. Found power button on bottom of tv but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Old 08-11-2023, 09:56 PM   #6

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy in Oregon View Post
Have trailer plugged into house and have battery switched on. Remote flashes an indicator light but tv doesn’t respond. Found power button on bottom of tv but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
lots of small tvs these days ues a power supply instead of a cord, if that is the case, check the connection at the set to be sure it is plugged all the way in.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 05:05 PM   #7

Name: Linus
Trailer: Bigfoot
Iowa
I have 2003 21 ft Bigfoot rear bed. It has a fully charged battery but I can’t get power inside. I checked to fuses. All good. The safe-t-alert has a green light but no power any ideas?
Ttoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 09:36 AM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttoe View Post
I have 2003 21 ft Bigfoot rear bed. It has a fully charged battery but I can’t get power inside. I checked to fuses. All good. The safe-t-alert has a green light but no power any ideas?

You should probably start a new thread
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote