propane and battery storage box - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Boler
Post propane and battery storage box

I have seen some pretty spiffy molded oval storage tanks that sit on the front portion of the trailer frame that are great for the storage of the propane tanks and batteries however I don't seem to be able to find a source for them (to purchase). The closest I have come is a V shaped one from the States but I would love to source one locally (Lower Mainland area). We have a 13' Boler so it can't be big. Thanks in advance for any help
Margaret & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Do you have any pictures of what you're talking about? The T@B trailers and some others have molded cowling with lids.
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer3.jpg  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #3

Sadly no pictures. I saw them in a number of Eggs at the Nor West Glass Egg meet in September but neglected to find out where they were purchased. We saw them in both black and white, they were oval, molded plastic with a hinged lid, metal hasp for locking and held the propane tank and RV battery with a bit of space left over for storage. They sat quite neatly on the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
Do you have any pictures of what you're talking about? The T@B trailers and some others have molded cowling with lids.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #4

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
I have also been looking for a plastic type cover for my single propane tank only and can't seem to find anything.
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #5

The fellow who is working on our little Boler for us found this one on-line from the States (I think)
http://www.toolboxes4less.com/polymer-trailer-tongue-toolbox-1701679.html but I would really like to source one locally and this is not exactly what I have seen on other trailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz77 View Post
I have also been looking for a plastic type cover for my single propane tank only and can't seem to find anything.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's a black one: Polymer Trailer Tongue Toolbox - Tool Boxes - Trailer Cargo Control - Trailer Parts On-Line Store | Nuera Transport

and here's one on sale: http://www.hayneedle.com/more/garage..._gbase&afsrc=1

A made in the USA product.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #7

Thanks Donna
This is very similar to what "Dan, Dan the trailer man" also found. I will forward along the links for him to look at.
Still not quite what I saw previously though . I sure appreciate the suggestions
Old 03-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Why not come out to the 'Humdinger R/V Show' this weekend in C'Wack?? You never know WHAT you might find some of these vendors selling....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
The height of a steel 20# propane tank is 18 inches. Aluminum ones are taller. Those 17" tall poly boxes are about 15" on the inside. They were made just to tease us. I suppose you should get a smaller, shorter tank or a horizontal one or something.
Regards,

Matt
Old 03-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Maybe Doug Mager knows where the pictures are hiding from this gathering? I went to the Rallies archives for the September event and no one added a link (or uploaded pictures). Surely someone took some pictures we can look at to help Margaret identify the brand of tongue box she wants.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #11

Thanks Donna
I too went to the Nor West Glass Egg site at http://norwestglasseggs.org/ hoping to find pictures and there just aren't many up. I would love it if someone who was there had some extra pics that aren't posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Maybe Doug Mager knows where the pictures are hiding from this gathering? I went to the Rallies archives for the September event and no one added a link (or uploaded pictures). Surely someone took some pictures we can look at to help Margaret identify the brand of tongue box she wants.

Tags
battery, propane