PROPANE TANK - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #1

Trailer: Cadet
HI , does anyone know where I can get a 10 or 11 lb propane tank around the Peterborough Ontario area. Just can't seem to get any info online. I need 2 small tanks
JIM

JIM DUNNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
try the co-op , if they don't have it, I'm sure they'll order it for you.
or any propane distributor, even home hardware should have them for you.
Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Chinadian Tire, Home Depot, and Wally Mart all had smaller tanks. To get the short ones that have the same profile as the 20# I had to special order from Superior Propane. It was the Manchester 11 LB.
http://www.mantank.com/products/steel_propane/5-10.htm

Almost forgot, you got a TSC out there, check with them.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #4

Thanks for your help guys but nobody around here has anything. in fact some say the 10 lb squatty tank has been discontinued I need a tank that is less than 17 inches high so I'll keep looking but trying to find anything out about propane tanks online is a really a waste of time. I emailed the manufacturer so that will be a few days waiting for a reply I just wanted to cut out the shipping costs if possible
JIM
Old 05-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1300 1969 (flat roof)
I just saw those squatty 11lb tanks at two separate local Canadian Tire stores here in Toronto. They also had the smaller 5lb tanks, so I'm any larger CT would still carry them. Might be worth a call to one of the Oshawa or Whitby stores, not too far of a drive.

Kevin
Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #6

Hi again just to let all know that I found tanks they are not 10 & 11 lb tanks that I kept asking about over the phone and emails and posts but the very same style When I decided to look at what was in the stores they where what I was looking for just sized different. One is an 8 lb straight side and the is a squatty 8.5 lb fit great into my box in front of the cadet. Neither Canadian Tire or Home Hardware had 2 the same so I purchase the Squatty at one place and the straight sided one at the another. Thanks all and also FiberglasssRv.
Now I'm into painting this little treasure but all the original decals are in very good shape Do I mask them or do I just paint the trailer with a brush and cut all the decals in by hand. Maybe just paint over them I kinda hate to do that but it does need a painting. = any suggestions
JIM

Tags
propane