Puddle on the door side - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2021, 01:46 PM   #1

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
Puddle on the door side

I’m out camping in the southwest Ohio heat and humidity. All is well except my AC is making a mess on the ground by my door. I played with the level of the camper and now am making a mess by the tire. Are there techniques to channel the AC condensation to the rear? I guess they put the AC drain on the door side because all the appliances are on the other side. It would seem nice to send the water flow that way. I have some ideas but just wondering what’s been done already.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:37 PM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Ive had the water run off about every direction, so changing level should help. But another trick is to attach a string at the very point that the water comes off the roof and starts down the wall. Then slope the string away from the camper (maybe six feet). The capillary action will cause the water to flow along the string. Its not perfect and takes some trial and error but I have done it with some success. Long term you could try a longer RV gutter over the door.
Attached Thumbnails
gutter.jpg  
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #3

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
Thanks Gordon. I’ll try the string. I’m wondering if I can devise a “gutter” to run along the belly band. Attach it when needed.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote