Purchasing a 1994 Lite House Trailer for Two need ideas - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #21

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
Figure out where the leaks actually are. Remove any suspicious looking old caulk. Repair any holes with a West System fiberglass repair kit. Use Dicor Lap sealant as a caulk to seal seams and screw heads. It's important to remove any silicone first. West System kits come with enough stuff to repair a few small holes. You want the small cheap kits; not the ones made for building a boat. . Dicor comes in a tube made for a caulk gun. Amazon has Dicor. BOth companies are happy to talk with you on the phone.
Davie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #22

Name: Dolores
Oklahoma
Registry
Leaks hopefully repaired (old caulk taken off, sealant applied) and my inside lights are now working, thanks to info about converter, etc. I think I am ready to take it on the road on its maiden voyage, but life got in the way of my "want to" this weekend, so will have to wait another week to take on road. I am sooo anxious to go! Glamored it up a little, packed it with odds and ends I thought I might need (carefully - didn't put things like I had loaded in our trailer at lake that have never used) and now think I am ready to roll. She is now "Miss Daisy" - as in "Drivin' Miss Daisy" and I hope to do a lot of drivin' ! This has all taken much longer than I had anticipated, but is well worth the time and the wait to get everything up and running.
BTW, there is a big box (fuse box?) as big as the battery under the bench on the driver's side of the trailer alongside of the battery. Thought the fuses were on the Carson converter console, but these must be different?? Should I try to take a pic of it, or does someone on board know what it is already? Don't suppose I need to do anything with it, since everything seems to be working....
Thanks again for help and encouragement from everyone!
Dolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #23

Registry
Deloris - please post a photo. Is there any sort of data plate/model number on it?
Old 09-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #24

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie B
Deloris - please post a photo. Is there any sort of data plate/model number on it?
Sorry. That should have been Doloris.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #25

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Dolores, it's good to take a relatively short trip for your first trailer camp-out. That way you are not too far from home if you discover something is wrong, you forgot something important, etc. First trips can sometimes be rocky. But then again, sometimes everything goes smoothly.

We have plenty of nice state park campgrounds around the state. Greenleaf, Robber's Cave, and Red Rock Canyon are some of my faves.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #26

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee
Dolores, it's good to take a relatively short trip for your first trailer camp-out. That way you are not too far from home if you discover something is wrong, you forgot something important, etc. First trips can sometimes be rocky. But then again, sometimes everything goes smoothly.

We have plenty of nice state park campgrounds around the state. Greenleaf, Robber's Cave, and Red Rock Canyon are some of my faves.
I think I may try Red Rock Canyon! Took kids there years ago and we all enjoyed it. It isn't that far from home and should be nice this time of year. Thanks for the suggestion....will post after first trip out.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #27

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie B

Sorry. That should have been Doloris.
Hello again - am going to try to attach pics of "strange box" . Including pic of converter control, battery box hookup and what I think is a fuse box. I do have my converter working, and all three lights are good - haven't tried plug-ins. Think my air conditioner must be wired straight to outside electric because it runs when trailer plugged in to electricity though lights have to use converter. No leaks when it rained this week. Woo-hoo!! Am cautious about propane/stove so haven't turned on - will be getting someone else knowledgeable to check that part out - the only thing left to test! Thanks for your great advice and explanations - all so appreciated, as I work my way through this journey. I am SO glad I jumped off the deep end and got my baby camper!!! The hassle is minimal when compared to the excitement of conquering each new challenge.
Attached Thumbnails
image-3520043558.jpg   image-2411323781.jpg  

image-3069784204.jpg   image-232670571.jpg  

Old 09-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #28

Registry
The converter is limited to 15 amps. It looks like, in order to have enough amperage for the AC, a higher amperage service was added to your trailer. I suspect that the original converter is connected to one of the breakers in the mystery box which is a small AC breaker panel. Can you please upload a photo of your plug to this thread. It's the thing on the end of the extension cord you use to plug your trailer into the power outlet at the campground.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #29

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Code should require a minimum 20 amp for air conditioning.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores View Post
Do you still have your Lite House??? I just purchased mine and am looking for fellow baby camper owners.
I just bought my LITE HOUSE and haven't traveled with it yet.

How does yours tow?

Do you have Brakes or Sway Bar?

Thanks,
Richard
richard Trafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #31

HELLO:

I just bought a LITE HOUSE and haven't pulled it yet'.

Do you have Brakes, or Sway Bar?

Thanks,
Richard
Old 10-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #32

Oklahoma
Registry
Hi - still learning my way around this site and posted to another thread where you had posted - think it was on the tow problem site but not sure. So happy to hear from another Lite House owner!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #33

Lite house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores View Post
Hi - still learning my way around this site and posted to another thread where you had posted - think it was on the tow problem site but not sure. So happy to hear from another Lite House owner!!
Thank you so much for answering..

I have the Trailer 4 2, Grand Camp, and I'm sure glad to hear from you also.

No, they are not making LITE HOUSE'S any longer.

I have a 1997, fresh out of the box,(used once), but was wondering about
there towing ability... Sounds like they are great!

I know about I-40, living in New Mexico.. HATE IT! Too many 18 Wheelers going
100+ miles an hour.

What's up with your electrical problems?

Will stay in contact, and again, Thanks!

Keep on Truckin!

Richard

Tags
lite house