and w/o having to get on top of the RV!!!
We used this guy's video ideas, but with some mods as we have a Casita 17'
1. we didn't have a fancy "hook-stick" like the guy in the video, so we use a 3' piece of 1" PVC pipe..
2. we had some trouble keeping the rolled-up cover going straight, so NEXT TIME we will A. roll it tighter and B. use two ropes separated by at least 18" so we can keep it rolling STRAIGHT.....over the fan hood and AC unit..
3. next time we will secure the "roll" tip end to the front of the roof area (maybe w bungee cords) b4 trying to roll it backwards, to avoid having to rush back and grab the front tip of the unrolled cover... as it slides inexoribly towards the rear or even OFF.. of the roof ;-) Don't ask.
4. we found that two folks were better that one, and 3 wd be even better oh well...there r 2 of us.
5, we found that an old worn out broom makes a decent "pusher' to help keep that pesky roll alligned..and to LIFT that pesky rope back onto the top of the AC unit....the handle of that old broom gives you better "reach" and the broom end catches the rope and you can lift it back in place, etc etc.
6. while experimenting, we found a mud dauber nest up under the edge of the AC..so we cleared that mess up too.
Anyways, we got it done A. w/o getting on top of our TT and B. we did it in a reasonable time & C. w/o a fight!! ;-) Hint..if you have friend who playes in the NBA, call him first for help!!