Question on cushions for a 94 Scamp 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2021, 08:45 PM   #1

Name: rj
Trailer: Owner of a 16' fixer Scamp and fixed up 13'
Colorado
Question on cushions for a 94 Scamp 13

Hi, new owner here.

I am wondering if anyone has bought the newer style dinette cushions for a 44" bed/dinnete? Looks as the 2004 we had a change that made them more square. Pretty sure there will be a bit of overhang, but I wondered if possibly the curvature is also off if I even attempt to buy the newer style.

Any answers are of course appreciated.
funkgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:09 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Don’t think so. Pretty sure all years are the same.. There were mold changes after the 2006 factory fire- the upper mold got taller- but the lower mold and dinette benches were not affected. There were some additional mold changes for 2021 to accommodate the new door, but once again I don’t think the dinette was affected. You could verify that by asking Scamp when you order.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:03 AM   #3

Name: rj
Trailer: Owner of a 16' fixer Scamp and fixed up 13'
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Don’t think so. Pretty sure all years are the same.. There were mold changes after the 2006 factory fire- the upper mold got taller- but the lower mold and dinette benches were not affected. There were some additional mold changes for 2021 to accommodate the new door, but once again I don’t think the dinette was affected. You could verify that by asking Scamp when you order.
Thanks Jon.
The more I look at anyone with the older models, the more I realize people seem to keep that front curvature. Maybe I should do the same. I am contacting parts folks for measurements of the floor to replace the carpet, maybe I will tack in the question about the cushions.

Long time viewer of the forums, finally getting one of these myself. Glad one of the legends here commented.

Aces
funkgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
When you remember all the interior parts are molded to fit the shell, it makes sense that they rarely change the contours. Re-doing dozens of interior molds is an expensive and production-slowing proposition.

Interchangeability across models and years is a great strength of Scamp’s design.

Besides, the shape of the shell is perfect!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp