QUESTION: Scamp 13 Dining Subfloor Rot & Replacing - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Scamp 13
Connecticut
QUESTION: Scamp 13 Dining Subfloor Rot & Replacing

Hi All,
I recently bought a 2000 Scamp 13 that has some rot along the entire back 6" of the dining area floor due to a window or spare tire bolt leaking. I decided it is best to replace the entire dining subfloor as one piece. My question is, Should I have the new plywood butt up to the existing wheel wells and epoxy/tab the joint or should I cut the bottom of the wheel well to allow the new floor to slide under the wheel well and still glass it all in.
I feel going under it provides better structural advantages, but not sure if it's possible to slide a one piece sheet into place with the shell on the frame.
I'm using 3/4" exterior AC plywood and West Systems for materials. Thanks
CT_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:36 AM   #2

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Hi Kevin,

I recently found this forum feature and it is helping me a lot. In the blueish bar at the top that has UserCP Register Registry FAQ, etc., you will see the SEARCH tab. Click on it and you will see a regular search at the top. Go down to the Google/Search and type in "Scamp 13 floor replacement." You will get answers posted on this forum as well as other internet sites and possibly videos of the things related to your inquiry.

I am finding this search feature very handy myself.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp