Questions regarding roof vent replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2020, 11:17 AM   #1

Name: Nathan
Trailer: Boler
Saskatchewan
Questions regarding roof vent replacement

This is my first post here, with many more to come I'm sure. My partner and I recently purchased a 1975 Boler Honey! Her bones are in great shape, frame/axles/wheels/exterior lights are all newish, and we're excited to start making it our own.

First order of business is replacing the roof vent for snow arrives. After scouring the forums here, I have a few questions before I proceed.

I'm going to need a 14x14 vent, and I've decided to go with a basic, metal option as we get a lot of hail where I live. I wanted to go with this product from Vintage Trailer Supply: https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com...cid=a1k4_g1ic3 , but unfortunately they do not have any available. I have read that it has worked well for others.

Alternatively, I will probably order this product from etrailer : https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...2110SP-24.html .

I am concerned that it is meant for a much thicker/2 inch roof. I understand some people build a small wood frame to go inside to make up for the gap, but I am wanting to avoid doing this, as I dont like the look of it. Is it possible to use a different/shorter garnish? If so can you recommend a product? Are they specific to the vent itself, or are they generally universal? Alternatively, does anyone have a suggestion for a different roof vent in stock somewhere (non electric/no fan).

Ive included a few pics as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Natesask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Outback
Trailer: Outback trillium trailer
Alberta
roof vent

hello Nathan, if you want to keep it simple and the base is good why not just replace the vent cover, we stock them here and are less expensive [ $26.70 ] If the rest the vent is broke we custom modify roof vents here just for your use [ $79.00 ] and we have stock on both and were in Canada.
Joe at Outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:54 PM   #3

Name: Nathan
Trailer: Boler
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe at Outback View Post
hello Nathan, if you want to keep it simple and the base is good why not just replace the vent cover, we stock them here and are less expensive [ $26.70 ] If the rest the vent is broke we custom modify roof vents here just for your use [ $79.00 ] and we have stock on both and were in Canada.
Thank you for the response! The mechanism works fine, it opens and closes without issue. I didn't think I would be able to simply replace the cover to be honest. That does sound like a much better option. I was also a little concerned about using butyl tape and a sealant as the saskatchewan weather is not warm right now hah, and I'm working outside. How can I go about ordering one?

Nathan
Natesask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Outback
Trailer: Outback trillium trailer
Alberta
roof vent

Just email us at trilliumtrailers@gmail.com
Joe at Outback is offline   Reply With Quote