Quick Warning..Postal People just don't care... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
I worked in Canada,,
Been retired for ten years.
I too am guilty of the right # wrong street.
Was a great place to work for me.
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:00 PM   #22

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Guess I should have seen your location.. my bad.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #23

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Myself, has had the worst service from the Post Office than anyone I know.. After the condition the toilet was in I wanted to really come out screaming but bit my tongue and thought I would just post a warning for future reference...
My past experience with the Post Office here where I live has been the pits and the only thing in this town worst than the post office is the Phone Company...
I was a sub-contractor (Metal Studs, Drywall and Acoustical Ceilings) for close to 25 years, when I moved here about 18 years ago I found out that since half the town is in Tennessee and the other half is in Alabama the mail was sketchy at best.. About 10 years ago I bid a project that was $210,000 my part and a good friend of mine who does Drivette work (Exterior Coating) bid $98,000 for his part, since the General Contractors likes package deals I submitted a combined price of $310,000 we got the job.. In construction business the billing usually go in on the 25th of the month and you receive your check hopefully before the next months billing, so if you start a job on the 26th it's nearly a month before you can bill and nearly another month before you get paid close to 2 months work with no money.. first billing went in for $145,000 the check never came, the GC wouldn't rewrite it for another month to insure it hadn't been cashed somewhere nearly bankrupted me. I was able to finance my house to get me through but it was a nightmare.. From the start of the job it was close to 4 months before I finally got the check rewrote and 4 months after that the original check shows up.. been lost in the mail, this not only happened that time but 4 other times as well just not for that much money, had to start going and picking the checks up or paid to have them sent Federal Express.. I don't have credit cards because the bill always got here late making the payment late the interest went sky high just a pain in the but overall. I've had my power cutoff because I never received the bill 3 different times.
The phone company is independent and outside of 15 miles everything was long distance until about 4 years ago when everyone started disconnecting the home phones and using just their cell phones, this made them change things.....
I will now slowly climb off my SOAPBOX... Sorry for the long rant needed to get that off my chest..... Oh I feel better now just went outside and screamed for a couple minutes....
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #24

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Oh, Oh I forgot the best one yet.. My daughter who lives 2.2 miles up the road from me sent me and her mother a Christmas card about 5 years ago.. The card was post marked on Dec. 18th we got it on Jan. 12th two days before my birthday I asked her why she sent me a Christmas Card for my birthday and she said she didn't and that was when I looked at the post mark.. It could have been taped to turtles back and got here quicker...
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:01 PM   #25

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Holy moley, I can see why you feel that way about the postal , um, dis-service. I've had a couple of packages go missing too. One was just last December, two pairs of eyeglass frames and matching sunglass clip-ons; fortunately the company, Zenni Optical, has fabulous customer service and they sent out another set at no cost. Previous missing packages, not so fortunate.

But, see, the newspaper couldn't maintain the shape of the box. If it had been foam peanuts or bubble wrap completely filling the box corners, the corners would not have been able to bump inward that way. I've seen packages ebay sellers have sent me with newspaper crumpled inside, and the boxes usually are beat up.

Oh well, I like the suggestion to see if the toilet can be mended. Might be worth checking around to get some professional opinions. I hope it works!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:39 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I wouldn't want to sit on that toilet after repair. No telling at what point it would collapse.
My kid sister had a porcelain toilet break under her and it slashed her leg for a bunch of stitches.