Range hood can I remove? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 07:56 AM   #21

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Several years ago now I camped in a state park in Ohio where each site had a large metal ring on the ground with instructions to dump grey water there. I've heard it's allowed in some western, arid areas as well. And what are tent campers supposed to do with dishwater, etc.?

Walt
Old 02-08-2018, 08:08 AM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
...And what are tent campers supposed to do with dishwater, etc.?
It depends on the location. One place we go, there are grates throughout the campground that connect to the drain system. Others provide dishwashing stations at the bathhouses- one even provides hot water.

In general, the more developed and heavily used a campground, the more likely there are to be restrictions on grey water disposal, including tenters. In desert areas, watering the native vegetation is actually a bad idea in general. Plants are adapted to natural rainfall and ground water- extra water can encourage unhealthy growth. If you're in a lightly used wilderness area, one dishpan full probably doesn't matter much, though it's better to scatter it widely than baby that one plant, no matter how much it pleads to you with sad, dry eyes... In frequently used, developed campgrounds, it's a different story.

We use our Scamp like a hard-sided tent- cooking and washing outside, so I have learned to ask when I check in.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote