Re-painting Sink. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Boler
Send a message via MSN to Brandon G
Hey there, i im trying to finish off the resto on the trailer and one of the last things to do is paint the terrible looking sink. Its an eyesore really being avacado green and chipped and worn out pretty badly. What im wondering is there any way of re painting it. I have called a bunch of different places and they say i need a two part epoxy paint. Thing is, you cant buy them in quarts, you can only buy them in gallons, $60 each so id have to pay 120 some odd bucks just to paint a tiny little sink. Not going to happen. Alot of ppl say just normal tremclad paint or any water proof paint will just blister up and flake off. So im kinda stumped, can anyone help. Thanks alot.
Brandon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
How about chucking it and getting a stainless steel bar sink. This is for an eBay auction and it appears they only ship within the USA, but you'd get the idea:

SS BAR SINK & CHROME FAUCET ACRYLIC CLEAR HANDLES COMBO

Then you'd never have to worry about chipping paint.

See if Escape has one, bet Rease would sell it to you.

Just an idea.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
You might try dropping by a TAP Plastics (or similar) place. They sell quarts of marine resins and epoxies there as well as the pigments you need for tinting. Marine stores will carry similar supplies as well.

That said, spreading epoxy out so that it looks good on a curved surface is very tricky. Personally I wouldn't even try . . . any job I did would look kind of amateurish. I'd buy a stainless sink and install that instead.

Good luck.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:45 AM   #4

Trailer: 1970 Boler
Send a message via MSN to Brandon G
thanks for the help donna and peterh, ya i think thats probably the best and easiest way to go is with the ss sink.
Brandon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
Con

Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300
Painting is a no brainer. You will never be happy with it. They are right go SS.
Try some of the RV places in the lower mainland and see if the have one out of a wrecked camper or RV
Con is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint, painting