Refrig too cold on electric - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2022, 05:47 PM   #1

Name: Cori
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13'
Texas
Refrig too cold on electric

I have a 13 ft Scamp and thus the smallest refrig. It has no controls inside it or around the frame. It’s fine if I use propane bc I can set it at medium. But I can’t adjust it when I’m plugged in. My fruits and veggies freeze.
Suggestions?
Cori A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:54 PM   #2

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori A. View Post
I have a 13 ft Scamp and thus the smallest refrig. It has no controls inside it or around the frame. It’s fine if I use propane bc I can set it at medium. But I can’t adjust it when I’m plugged in. My fruits and veggies freeze.
Suggestions?

It should have a model number on the door or door frame. Can you tell us what brand and model # it is?
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 07:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
The controls are on the outside of the trailer there is a vented door , open it and find three controls... 12V/120V/ propane.
The large green one is the 120V switch, behind it is a control knob with the numbers 1 thru 7. That controls the temperature when on 120V.

Be sure that two of the controls are always in the off position whenever one of them is ON.
Also be aware that only the back wall of the fridge gets cold... so if you pack it too tight it will impede air circulation and the stuff toward the back of the fridge will freeze
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 11:04 PM   #4

Name: Cori
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13'
Texas
Thanks! I found it and turned it down. Fingers crossed. Your point about overcrowding is a good one.
Cori A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 11:57 AM   #5

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
Cori You can also buy a small battery operated fan to put on a shelf in the fridge to move the colder air around.
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote