Refrigerator access door needed for 78 Trillium.. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #1

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500

I'm looking for a access door for my 78 Trillium and was wondering if anyone new where I could get one..Mine's missing the bottom trim and door the guy I got it from had cut a piece of louvered alum. and screwed over it but I really would like to put it back the right way.The ones I've looked at on E-bay are "NOT" the right size too big...Any info would be great..

THANKS RANDY
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Have you contacted http://www.trilliumrv.com? Maybe they're using the same size door as the original....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Have you contacted http://www.trilliumrv.com? Maybe they're using the same size door as the original....

No I have not but I ordered 2 sets of hinges 1 L300 lockset for my 1300 and a couple of decals over 4 1/2 weeks ago and can't get them to return my calls or tell me went they were sent or even if they have been sent..the guy I talked to said they have been real busy setting up a RV show but that was 2 weeks ago...I've called them back several times since got a answer machine left several messages but no response.....so I think I will pass on buying anything else from them jokers unless I just have too...
Old 07-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Well, that's too bad. Okay, so have you tried RV Dr. George, but they'll need measurements.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Well, that's too bad. Okay, so have you tried RV Dr. George, but they'll need measurements.

Thanks for the lead but they must be on vacation this week, called several times but no answer...I'll try next week...Thanks again
Old 07-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #6

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Randy,

When I do custom work I use Pelland Enterprises 1-800-216-2786 or www.pellandent.com ask for a door quote fax form to be emailed to you. Fill it out and they will quote a door price. Its expensive because they must reset the louver machines to your requested door. But then when a restore project is done whats money?

http://www.pellandent.com/

Happy Camping, Safe Trails.

Harry
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:42 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Quote:
No I have not but I ordered 2 sets of hinges 1 L300 lockset for my 1300 and a couple of decals over 4 1/2 weeks ago and can't get them to return my calls or tell me went they were sent or even if they have been sent..the guy I talked to said they have been real busy setting up a RV show but that was 2 weeks ago...I've called them back several times since got a answer machine left several messages but no response.....so I think I will pass on buying anything else from them jokers unless I just have too...
I can't speak for the mfgr's but I think they are busy. I was supposed to get my Trillium in Sep and got it in Dec. A person I know was supposed to get their Escape in Sep and had to wait until Feb. Customer service is not their strong point, but then they are trying to do more and more with less and less and are now approaching doing everything with nothing...

A little hint: When talking to 'someone' over the phone, be sure to get their name and extension so you have a point of reference when calling again.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #8

Quote:
I can't speak for the mfgr's but I think they are busy. I was supposed to get my Trillium in Sep and got it in Dec. A person I know was supposed to get their Escape in Sep and had to wait until Feb. Customer service is not their strong point, but then they are trying to do more and more with less and less and are now approaching doing everything with nothing...

A little hint: When talking to 'someone' over the phone, be sure to get their name and extension so you have a point of reference when calling again.

I've got the guy's cell number, but he knows my number by now and when he see's it want answer...I know that's what he's doing because I borrowed my sister's phone from a different area code and he answered first ring but said he would have to call be back.....that's been 16 days ago.
Everytime I call the company number all I get is a recording
Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #9

Finally got the guy to answer my son-in-law's phone said he was on a trip across Canada will be gone 2 weeks and knows nothing about my order...Said he "would check on it" but I'm not holding my breath for sure...........sure wish I could have found the hinges somewhere else..Call the manufactor but they don't sell the 1/4" offset hinge that the Trillium requires...so I guess I'm S.O.L. for now.........Thanks Guys for the info..

RANDY
Old 07-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #10

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Registry
Quote:
Finally got the guy to answer my son-in-law's phone said he was on a trip across Canada will be gone 2 weeks and knows nothing about my order...Said he "would check on it" but I'm not holding my breath for sure...........sure wish I could have found the hinges somewhere else..Call the manufactor but they don't sell the 1/4" offset hinge that the Trillium requires...so I guess I'm S.O.L. for now.........Thanks Guys for the info..

RANDY
Hi Randy

I ordered my Trillium door hinges from OutBack or trilliumtrailers.com last year.
Thet have the correct offset and they took a week to arrive - but they did not have to cross the border.

Good Luck
Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:

RANDY

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I had hoped Trillium's alliance with Mattman would have yielded some staff to handle the more mundane matters. Guess that is not the case.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #12

Well I heard back from the RV Dr. George but he couldn't help me said the small one were hard to come by.....Looks like I'm going to have to have it custom built from Pell Enterprises..........Thanks everyone for the help.....RANDY
Old 07-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #13

Trailer: 73 Trillium 13 ft / Toyota Landcrusier HDJ81
I used email to communicate with trillium and the service was excellent. Is your fridge factory? It should say on your closet door spec sheet if you still have it. Mine was not and somewhat of a hac job. Curious what a factory job looks like?
E Dyck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, trillium