Removing Casita window screens ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2014, 06:12 AM   #1

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Removing Casita window screens ?

Not much luck with a search.

So here is the question:
How are Casita window screens removed, so as to clean the outside of the windows.

OR How to clean the windows with the screens in place.

I've tried spraying with Windex and following with a good rinse. But they still have a film.

Thanks,
Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
This question comes up often.
Some say they are easily removable by pulling out the rubber strips.
Others say all the screws on the inside must be removed.
I just looked at mine, It appears the screws and aluminum part must be removed to pull the rubber strips behind the aluminum part.
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: shopping
New Jersey
similar situation on another brand of RV

The instructions for a 2002 R-Vision motorhome say to remove the upper and lower rubber U-shaped cushioning track from the inside of the sliding window. The trick is to find the joint roughly in the center of the upper track cushion.
So I did that but there wasn't enough vertical room, about 1/8" too short, to get the glass out. It could be that the window opening cut into the RV wall is too small and compressed the aluminum extrusion surrounding the window frame itself.
Have not tried removing the inner frame-I remember that it looked like I MIGHT have to remove the entire window assembly, needing break the caulking around the outside-wasn't ready for that.
I was trying to replace the slider catch which had cracked and no longer locked.
msidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:51 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post

So here is the question:
How are Casita window screens removed, so as to clean the outside of the windows.

I've tried spraying with Windex and following with a good rinse. But they still have a film.

Thanks,
Kip

Good luck with that - I've asked that question on forums and no one seemed to have an answer. I removed three of ours a few years back to add dark window film and never got them back on there. Some of the parts just deteriorated. I called Casita to see if there was a way to obtain parts, etc. and no luck there. We have a 2001. I've tried to come up with other solutions but nothing yet. No longer using the trailer at this time but I'd still like to find a fix for the screen-less windows in the bed area.
RobertaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post

So here is the question:

Thanks,
Kip
could you post a picture of the window and the brand ...I.E... Hehr
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #6

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Appreciate the replies.

Must have been having a geezer moment when writing the above post.
As the screens are on the inside.

When I checked to see if suggestions would work, I remembered spraying the inside of the glass, thru the screen, with Windex. Then rinsing with clear water spray. About all that accomplished was getting inside stuff wet, in spite of using a tower to catch dripping.

Certainly looks like the screws inside will need to be removed and the window separated enough to get the screen out. Most likely resulting in leaks when put back together.

Actually beginning to like the look of the window. Thinking of it more
in the arena of "Smoke Colored" rather than dirty.

Some things really don't need fixin!

Thanks,
Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, vin