Removing Decals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2007, 06:49 AM   #1

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft CT
I have a 13'CT U-Haul, but I guess it could apply to any of the eggs, what is the best way to remove a decal. I have a 4" wide, checkerboard pattern, decal that goes around the egg from front to back. Any ideas on removal?
Thanks,
Chris
Chris and Ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:12 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
I have a 13'CT U-Haul, but I guess it could apply to any of the eggs, what is the best way to remove a decal. I have a 4" wide, checkerboard pattern, decal that goes around the egg from front to back. Any ideas on removal?
Thanks,
Chris

Depending on how long the decal has been in place, the mess will vary! I'm removing an old striping pattern from the front our our 16' UHaul and it does leave a discoloration where the decal sat. I'm using a heat gun set on fairly low setting and gently peeling the decal back with a metal putty knife. The cleanup is with Goof Off. Since the color is different in the fiberglass (the striping has been on long time), I'm going to try gentle buffing or a very fine sanding disk to get back to a uniform color in the area. It takes a while, so be prepared to spend some time doing this!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1984 13 ft
Quote:
Thanks,
Chris
I also have a 13'CT U-Haul. It didn't have original decals, but I was able to easily remove several newer ones by heating an edge with a hair dryer and continuing to peel with the hair dryer heating the decal just ahead of the peel. Stephen Brown
Stephen Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 17 ft 1977 / 04 Explorer Sport Trac
Quote:
....I was able to easily remove several newer ones by heating an edge with a hair dryer ... Stephen Brown
I did the same way on my 17' Boler with a perfect result. If there is a difference of color, and if your trailer has been paint, a compound waxing can mix colors and minimize the difference
Raymond Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote