Removing very glued in carpet in a 2007 Egg Camper- help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #1

Name: Tracy
Trailer: 2006 Egg Camper
Michigan
Registry
Removing very glued in carpet in a 2007 Egg Camper- help

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1403649964.397088.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	72905

I thought it would be easy to remove the carpet in my Egg and put down some stick down wood look tile. I was very wrong, I've tried to search for threads containing this but the search function brings up everything not related. I know others in the past have replaced carpet in these, how did you deal with the glue? There seems to be an extreme overdose of it and I would think it needs to be removed before the tile can go down? I guess I just don't understand ever putting down carpet at all in a camper let alone using a glue like this. Any help you could offer would be really appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Beadbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin