Replacement Cushion Covers? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2007, 06:01 AM   #81

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: I am reporting on behalf of my Brother who ordered a set of cushion covers from Scamp in the lakelure material!!! He too is excited with them even though the colour is not quite as shown on the on line sample's.(More beige than white background) He also ordered the set of curtains to go with them and we/ I hope will have some pic's to show when finished. The quality of the material and work is first rate!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #82

Trailer: 2004 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Does anyone have any suggestions for foam replacement ,would it be better to buy a large size and custom cut yourself with the electric knife,is the pricing better.Best place to buy Canada or the USA?What specs to look for? I was told by one shop months ago look for pound density.Any help always appreciated.And hey Alf S any more photo updates?
Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #83

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Depends...how's that for an answer Cutting the foam is easy with an electric knife. In fact, too easy. Don't sneeze while the knife is running or you're liable to cut the foam in half! The biggest problem from buying at a distance, is the shipping and handling charges. They can be steep. It's not that the foam is heavy, but it is bulky. For instance, most of our members found it cheaper to buy the foam locally and cut it themselves than to order it from Scamp, Casita, etc. I suppose it is just a matter of doing comparision shopping (your area vs other areas) and decide which works best for you.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #84

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
I am ordering from here: http://www.rochfordsupply.com/product_list...A_ProdID_E_3310

Much better price than local and the shipping isn't bad. (Estimating $30 UPS for 5 sheets) I'm assuming they roll it and vacuum compress it so that it doesn't take much to ship it. (probably should try and cut it and stuff it before it expands) If you order over 3 sheets only $29 for 24x72 4" sheet. Can't touch that around here and they have been recommended by other members who've ordered from them in the past.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #85

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for foam replacement ,would it be better to buy a large size and custom cut yourself with the electric knife,is the pricing better.
We bought a foam mattress from Ikea, cut it with electric knife. We found it to be more comfortable than any other we tried, and the price was better. It is possible that it is more comfortable because it is made to be slept on, so it uses different foam densities, shapes etc., years of testing, and customer feedback. One tip I learned from the guy at Foam King was to cut it 1" larger than the fabric it is going into so that it fits nice and snug.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:12 AM   #86

Trailer: Boler
Just received my new cushion covers from Scamp yesterday - the Alpine pattern covers don't have as much blue in them as the pictures of the color sample did but the price was hard to beat. I had quotes as high as $700 plus material to have some made locally - by comparison the $280 for the Scamp covers is a bargain.

One point that had me confused - Scamp lists a seven piece cover set and there are nine cushions in a Boler. The Scamp set combines the two rectangular cushions that form the back rest and side rest of the rear bed into a single unit that has two seperate compartments for those two pieces of foam - they are joined by a cloth "hinge". Tonight I'm going to have the fun of stuffing the new foam into the new covers.
Jack Walter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #87

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Jack,

Go to the dry cleaners and pick up a bunch of dry cleaner bags to stuff the cushions.
It will save you a tremendous amount of hours and verbal expulsions, trust me.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #88

Jack
The small cushion cover attached to the larger one count as one it confused me as well but it works better when being used.I bought new foam and cut it with a electric knife as advised and it worked great.The bag idea did not work for me,so I did the old reverse banana way,roll all the covers to the end and slide a bit of cushion in and roll it up the foam a bit at a time.Its time consuming be patient it does work.Post some pics when you finish.Good luck.
Bailey Boler
Old 09-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #89

Trailer: 1976 Beachcomber 15 ft and 1977 Airstream Tradewind 25 ft
We just had our 6 cushions reupholstered and our cost was $275 for labour, automotive quality material and zippers. She works as a home business in a rural area so her overhead is lower. A city company would have been 2-3X the cost.

She said to us that the older foam is better quality than the new stuff on the market because of the petroleum content and that old foam can be restored in some cases. She takes the cover off and then steams the foam - the damp heat somehow affects the molecules. Our foam seems better (denser?) after her work. I don't think this would work on foam that is crumbling though .

Maybe try this before you go spend $$$ on new foam and check our rural businesses, they might surprise you.

There are a couple of pics of our cushions in this thread.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=26205
Kevin242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #90

Quote:
Hello Al
Just recieved my cushion covers from Scamp,They fit perfect accept for the banana cushion it had to be trimed with the electric knife which worked great.But the rest was a custom fit.The price including $15 shipping was $280 for a complete set . I don't think you could buy the material and sew them for much less.Putting the covers on the foam was a bit of a challenge even using plastic as a slip but it's done now. Have a look .
I'am sure I'll be a happy camper when summer comes. Bailey Boler
Hi Bailey, I've just got a quote for boler cushions w/foam on vancouver island=$1000. $800 BYO fabric. I was wondering if it would be possible to order the covers from Scamp as you did..and then cutting up a memory foam mattress to fit...any opinions on this out there?
samantha allix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #91

Quote:
Hi Bailey, I've just got a quote for boler cushions w/foam on vancouver island=$1000. $800 BYO fabric. I was wondering if it would be possible to order the covers from Scamp as you did..and then cutting up a memory foam mattress to fit...any opinions on this out there?
Samantha
Yes you can order direct from the Scamp factory $260 plus $20 shipping USD plus duty /pst and gst and if you need them shipped to your door there will be brokers fee. if you seach this thread you will find the sample's colors you have to choose from if you can't find them let me know and I''ll forward them to you .Just call Scamp toll free and talk to Justin he is very helpful
One thing to remember that your memory foam can't be any thicker then 4 inches thick as thats the thickness of the covers.
FYI they are made close to the factory and not imported.
Good Luck and Happy Boler trails
Bailey Boler
Old 11-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #92

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Hi,

My husband and I have purchased a 16' Uhaul VT this past September and due to the weather and working, we were only able to get 1 4 day camping trip in the last week in October.

I have new curtains (thanks to my wonderful neighbor who loves to sew) and a new wood-look vinyl floor. Now while it sits for the next 6-7 months, I have plenty of time to get the cushions recovered. They are the original ones (22 years old) and only 1 shows signs of stress-stretching from around the zipper. Plus the fact that the 'velvet' has worn off. At any rate, they need replacing. I'm going to keep the foam, just need replacement covers.

I understand that Casita cushion covers won't work, so it looks like I'll have to have them custom made. Right now, Joann Fabrics has all their material at 50% off. I found a pattern today that I just love, and while I don't think there is enough on the bolt there in stock, I can special order more at the same 50% off sale price. $14.99 - 50% off.

I'll get to the point now.

Does anyone know how much material I should purchase to get this job done for both front and rear dining tables? I'm like a fish-out-of-water when it comes to sewing and purchasing material. I haven't a clue.

I'd appreciate any and all help to be able to purchase the material by Saturday, as that's the last day of the sale!! (I know..Last Minute Charlie)

Thanks in advance,

CarolP
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #93

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Carolyn, I sew very little anymore due to lack of time, but if you take some good measurements of your cushions, I bet someone behind the counter at the cutting table can tell you exactly how much fabric you need. Those employees deal with bolts of fabric day in and day out. I've found them to be extremely helpful.

This is only if someone from the forum can't tell you specifically what you need.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #94

I just started the cushion replacement project for our 77 Boler 1300. Since I just couldn't get comfortable with the idea of sleeping on those 30+ year old cushions , we decided to replace them completely. We just got our trailer a couple weeks ago and weren't planning on starting any project right away, but I could resist taking a look at the fabric selection at our local fabric store. Turns out everything was 50% off for one day only, so I went back home took some measurements and did the math and went back to get all of our supplies. I bought 3 packages of 2'x10'x4' foam and 15 meters of ultra suede in a rust colour, that should be enough for both the cushions and the curtains. The existing curtains look like they were made from one of my granny's old nighties.. YUCK!.

I'm just taking things slowly, taking each cushion apart and using it as a template. So far so good. I figure all in all it will cost about $500 cdn for all the cushions and curtains, plus my time, of course.
Liz F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #95

Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Smile

Hello Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is 40 below here today, so thought I would think warm and start
dreaming about Boler reno's. We have a HONEY Boler, and it has the porta potty in front. With 3 separate cushions. I tried phoning Scamp today, but being Sunday, no one answered. Thought I would just ask all you experts - do they offer the 3 cushions. Can hardly wait to give it a new look.
Think we would go with the Harvest. Have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deb Ellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 AM   #96

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All. Well another season of camping is upon us and more newbie Boler owners are looking to update their interiors. Check back through this thread to the begining for a well documented history of our experience!!!
Scamp cushion covers are still avail. but the colours have changed!!! They are still by far the easiest way to recover the upholstery with some adjustments necessary. A lot has changed in over 30 years but Scamps are still quite the same as the original Boler was.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #97

Trailer: 1990 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
[Scamp cushion covers are still avail. but the colours have changed!!!]

I got my new cushion covers in my Scamp last month and I am very happy with the "mostly" brown that I chose. The original was brown on one side and beige on the other and I wanted a solid again.

The new colors I was offered was brown, green, and blue. I say they are "mostly" solid, as they do have a little bit of another thread color runing through. My brown has a bit of tan thread running though it, that matches the "rat fur". Not bad!

I thought the green and blue were too dark a shade, but it's so hard to tell from a little swatch.

I couldn't beat the price locally and shipping came in at $25.00.

Maggie
Maggie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #98

Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Registry
Quote:
Hi: All. Well another season of camping is upon us and more newbie Boler owners are looking to update their interiors. Check back through this thread to the begining for a well documented history of our experience!!!
Scamp cushion covers are still avail. but the colours have changed!!! They are still by far the easiest way to recover the upholstery with some adjustments necessary. A lot has changed in over 30 years but Scamps are still quite the same as the original Boler was.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

This may have already been covered in past posts but I will pass it on anyway....I contacted Scamp about covers for our 1980 Boler.I was told that the covers they provide should fit the Boler foam except for the top bunk/ back sofa cushion.The Boler has a 2" faom the Scamp has a four " foam.I decieded to buy locally and the total I paid for a top of the line fabric and all new foam was $ll00.00.The Scamp cover price sure looks good compared to that....LOL....BUT my cushions are BEAUTIFUL. I love them.
Pat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #99

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Boler
Hi Bailey,

I know I'm a little behind in this post but was wondering if you could also send me info on the scamp rv cushion covers. My husband and I just bought a 1973 13' Boler and wanted to replace the covers.

Please feel free to e-mail me on the site.

Thanks,

Tracy
Tracy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #100

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
We just got our new cushion covers and curtains from Scamp last night.
Lakelure upholstery and blue curtains. They look really nice (and clean!).
I post some pics when I get them wrestled on...
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote