Replacement Cushion Covers? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #101

Trailer: 1973 16 ft Amerigo
Send a message via Yahoo to sherry loving o
Quote:
Hello everyone this is my first post so bare with me.We bought my first 13 ft Boler in Sept the cushion covers are getting a little tried actually a couple of them are really beat. So I need advice on recovering,Have spoke to Scamp and they have a complete set (7)for less then $275 for covers only. Going to need foam too but thought would buy it locally.Is this the way to go or should we go a different avenue?Thoughts anyone? Bailey Boler

I'd buy them. I replaced mine when I bought my scamp 6 yrs ago. The covers I purchased seem a little larger (slightly) than the originals but, haven't replaced the foam yet. I figured that was most of the problem. I'm thinking about going local too. I'll know which route I take once I compare their prices with scamp.
Good luck!!!
sherry loving o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #102

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
We just got our new cushion covers and curtains from Scamp last night.
Lakelure upholstery and blue curtains. They look really nice (and clean!).
I post some pics when I get them wrestled on...
Hi: Good luck with the " Wrestlmania". I remember it took 3 of us holding down a measly foam cushion to get some of the covers on... but when the round is over it's worth every punch!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #103

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Quote:
Hi: Good luck with the " Wrestlmania". ....
Well....I brought all the cushion into the house and got set up at he dining room table and got into a deliberate, patient state of mind.
I decided to do one of the dinette seats first. It was a struggle to get the old cover off the foam even though it was wrapped in thin plastic. It was a very tight fit.
When I picked up the new cover, I noticed the zipper was twice as long as the original
I rolled the new cover down, straightened the plastic on the foam, and slipped it 1/2 way on with very little effort!
I slowly pulled the rest of the cover up straightening it on the foam as I went and zipped it up - easy!
The rest went on as easily and look great!
Attached Thumbnails
upholstery.JPG  
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #104

Trailer: 13 ft Perris Pacer
30 year old foam isn't very comfortable to sleep on anymore, and my covers were so brittle I couldn't even chance washing them for fear of disintegration. I decided to go ahead and order the 7 piece set from Scamp, hoping I would be able to get them to somehow fit into my Pacer. I opted for the Lakelure pattern. Total cost was $680 shipped. I don't think I could have bought the fabric, zippers, and good quality foam for that price. Not to mention probably a hundred hours of sewing and still risking ruining my materials or the fit/finished product still probably not being as good as factory. Anyways, I got them all installed today and they fit like a gem. Sometimes you've just gotta spend the money and do it the right way. Finished up the new table to match the doors as well.
Attached Thumbnails
133_001.jpg   133_004.jpg  

133_005.jpg   133_009.jpg  

Angelo F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #105

Trailer: Boler 1980 13 ft
I have just also had my cushions from our 13ft boler redone. We did ourselves.... and it was actually very easy.. within 3 days we had all the cushions from the table/bed done as well as the 2 bunk beds.

It cost just over 40.00 for the material _ 13meters { i licked out on a great price and great material}. I eneded up also re-using the vynal and so i have additional material left over.

This has been acutally both my husbands & my 1st attempt at re-doing out covers.. and they turned out great. Certainly better than the condition that they were in.

We have Len Millstore here that is great for material.

Good luck
Ria. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #106

Trailer: Scamp
Unhappy

I am looking for some help. My husband is a soldier and he bought a scamp off the army for under $200. It needed a complete overhaul. The vent on the top was taken out and it had been rained on in the inside of the scamp. We are now remodeling this from top to bottom.

We had to tear out the floor and put in new. We took everything out to clean up and fix up. We even tore the stuff off that was originally put up and we are going to put laminated flooring on the walls and laminated tile for the floor for easy clean up. But I need some more help. My husband was in demolition mode and threw away the original cushions so now I don't have any measurements and I am doing the from scratch. I need loads of help. I just need an idea of some measurements on all the cushions.

We are new at the whole remodeling thing on campers and this is our first one. Any help would be grateful. Thanks, Amy

l&a sigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #107

Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
The ones from Scamp seem to be a good price.

Last year I paid about $125 for material and my grandmother was gracious enough to make new covers for mine.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boler30.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	13972
Jayson Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:55 AM   #108

Registry
Quote:
I am looking for some help. My husband is a soldier and he bought a scamp off the army for under $200. It needed a complete overhaul. The vent on the top was taken out and it had been rained on in the inside of the scamp. We are now remodeling this from top to bottom.

We had to tear out the floor and put in new. We took everything out to clean up and fix up. We even tore the stuff off that was originally put up and we are going to put laminated flooring on the walls and laminated tile for the floor for easy clean up. But I need some more help. My husband was in demolition mode and threw away the original cushions so now I don't have any measurements and I am doing the from scratch. I need loads of help. I just need an idea of some measurements on all the cushions.

We are new at the whole remodeling thing on campers and this is our first one. Any help would be grateful. Thanks, Amy
Hi: Amy...You can still buy a complete set of foam cushions from Scamp. Foam+Covers. You can look back through this thread and see the latest upholstery colours or call them on their 800# for colour selections. Their price is unbeatable!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #109

Trailer: Boler
Anyone have the latest colors? Couldn't find anything on the scamp site....
Thanks!
Grantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #110

Registry
Hi: Call Scamps 800# talk to their parts dept. and they will email the colour choices to you.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #111

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
Hi: Call Scamps 800# talk to their parts dept. and they will email the colour choices to you.
I did this, and the ones they sent me are mostly solid colors. I just went through this thread, and really like the alpine...I think I will call again. Has anyone got a new price for a whole set of foam and covers?
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #112

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
looks great! !!

I had an upholstery shop re do mine plus the bunk ones in the 5er... I probably spent about the same.... I didnt like what Scamp had to offer in colors...
the fabric in mine was 'sun rotted' and the foam also like yours was 'no more'....

Its always nice to fix up the way you like it too..
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:07 PM   #113

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria. V View Post
I have just also had my cushions from our 13ft boler redone. We did ourselves.... and it was actually very easy.. within 3 days we had all the cushions from the table/bed done as well as the 2 bunk beds.

It cost just over 40.00 for the material _ 13meters { i licked out on a great price and great material}. I eneded up also re-using the vynal and so i have additional material left over.

This has been acutally both my husbands & my 1st attempt at re-doing out covers.. and they turned out great. Certainly better than the condition that they were in.

We have Len Millstore here that is great for material.

Good luck
Ria can you let me know how much material you actually used, as I am also planning on using the same vinyl. But am short on material with only 4.5 meters of one fabric and 2 meters of the other, hoping it will be enough. I will need to be creative.
I am also taking out the top bunk (back of couch) to make a front dinette, so won't need to do that piece.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:40 PM   #114

Name: Camila
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Hi! I am from Vancouver BC and looking for foam and fabric, and looking for someone to hire to sow this cushions for me as i dont know how to sow. Heh. Will this store also be in Vancouver?
Camid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:42 PM   #115

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camid View Post
Hi! I am from Vancouver BC and looking for foam and fabric, and looking for someone to hire to sow this cushions for me as i dont know how to sow. Heh. Will this store also be in Vancouver?

Hi I purchased my upholstery fabric at Fabricland, Prince George, they have a huge selection. I found the remainder of a bolt 9.3 meters in the sale section (great prices) and have about a meter left over. My fabric had a subtle pattern so had to run it all the same way, therefore, requiring more fabric. I reused the zippers and vinyl backing after a good cleaning and also reused the foam as it was in good shape. I did all the cushions including the top bunk/front couch Do not know where to get foam in Vancouver, but the fabric store may be able to put you on the right track. There is a Fabricland on SE Marine I believe. Good Luck. Tried to upload a pic not sure it will work.
Attached Thumbnails
finished boler cushions yeah.jpg  
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #116

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Go to your local adult education school
They usually have upholstery classes... I’ll bet they have a student looking for a project
We did this and I can tell you the cost was very very low and quality was off the charts
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote