Replacing a jalousie window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
Replacing a jalousie window

Help! I have a Scamp 1982 Scamp 13 footer. Previous owner removed the original Jalousie window and installed a window air conditioner (see attached pic). Its a nice feature but it now leaks. I would love to replace with a new window. Unfortunately Scamp no longer carries Jalousie windows and they said that the windows they now carry will not fit in that space on a 1982 unit.

Any ideas for where I can get a new Jalousie window?

Thanks,

Tim
Tim Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I assume that your original window has square corners. The new Scamp windows have rounded corners. We needed a new side window for our Uhaul. Other than a custom made window for mucho money I bought a window from Scamp that turned out to be just a little too small. Simple solution was to make an adapter plate from 1/8" aluminum. If you're not too fussy about looks maybe you could do something like that. Otherwise try to find a used window on eBay or a salvage yard.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #3

Michigan
Interesting idea. Do you have pics of that you can share?
Old 07-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Here you go, just a flat piece of aluminum to make the window fit the hole.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0179.jpg  
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #5

Michigan
Looks great! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #6

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Hey Tim, your pictures didn't load and I am considering putting a window unit in the drivers side window. Any photo's you might have of your existing installation would be appreciated.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:21 PM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Nolan View Post
Help! I have a Scamp 1982 Scamp 13 footer. Previous owner removed the original Jalousie window and installed a window air conditioner (see attached pic). Its a nice feature but it now leaks. I would love to replace with a new window. Unfortunately Scamp no longer carries Jalousie windows and they said that the windows they now carry will not fit in that space on a 1982 unit.

Any ideas for where I can get a new Jalousie window?

Thanks,

Tim
Tim, the Scamp jalousie windows were also used in many other campers. They show up fairly often on Ebay and on Kijiji. For example, right now 2 Boler 13 jalousie windows are listed for sale here:

Boler windows | parts, accessories | Calgary | Kijiji
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #8

Michigan
I can, but I really don't recommend it. Previous owners had installed and if you don't cover the AC unit along the top, it takes in rain and then leaks inside of the camper. I just discovered, that because of the AC unit, I now have a big hole in the floor under the dinette. I would go with a top-mounted unit or go without AC if at all possible.