Replacing curtains, Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2016, 06:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Replacing curtains, Casita

I have a 1998 Casita Standard. I need to replace some of the curtains. Does anyone here have some usable curtains from an older Casita that they'd like to get rid of. I need the kind that hook on the plastic strip mounted on the wall.
thanks
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:34 PM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I happen to think it's great fun to decorate our 13' Scamp according to my whims and frequently change the look depending on our destination. My photo shows the curtain panels and pillows for our Southwest trip. Personally, I think too much print in a small space is overwhelming. That's why I have chosen to keep the original cream-colored curtains and added my custom curtain panels. The cream panels let in the sunshine and keep out curious eyes.

Typically, sewing curtains is a simple project as it is simply a rectangle using only straight lines of stitching. I believe that all you need is the specialized tape that is used in your camper/trailer. Many websites sell this item. Also, you can find ideas for curtains by simply entering the words "sew curtains for casita" in Google. If you are not handy with sewing you could ask a friend to sew for you or even the folks who do alterations at your cleaners could easily do this job. While you're at it, make matching pillows!

I found one website that suggests keeping the blinds that come with the Casita and making a decorative valance that requires no sewing! Mrs. Padilly's Travels » Window Treatments for my Casita Travel Trailer

Because I have a Scamp which came with curtain rods, which I love, I cannot answer your question specifically. Other members, however, have answered your question in various ways. Go to the "Search" button at the top of the FGRV forum page and scroll down to the bottom. In the "Search Site/Google" section write the words "curtain rod Casita" and BOOM you will have answers galore. If you want to ask members for details you could "PM" (private message) them. Here is one answer, among many, that I found. How I did the curtains in our Casita

Also, there is a Casita forum online where you can ask this question.

If you should have questions about making curtains/shades I will be more than happy to assist you just PM (private message) me.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 007.jpg  
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita